CHAPTER TWO

Dragging the highlighter across the page, Juliette grabbed onto the post-its, writing all of the information she could down. "Whatcha doin'?" A voice sounded, and she glanced up to see one of the other surgical interns, Joseph. "Lycanthropy?" He read, and Julie hummed.

"Say you have a patient... how would you diagnose him?" She asked, and Joe hummed taking a seat as a gesture for her to continue, "sensitivity to noise and smell, he could smell gum in someone's pocket not even knowing for sure it was there. Gum, unchewed, packetted gum. He's having aggressive flips, he's suddenly become a lot more coordinated and stronger... something's not right."

"Steroids?" Joe suggested, "sounds more like a psych case than a surgical."

She hummed in thought before shaking her head, "no, not steroids, he's not that kinda kid. He wouldn't even know where to get them from," she admitted, crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair.

"You know the patient personally, then?"

"My brother's friend, I don't think it's steroids. My brother is convinced lycanthropy but well... I'm inclined to believe there is a more scientific explanation."

"A sensory processing disorder?"

"I've already looked into that, his symptoms don't match up in the slightest..."

"But you're also not a psych doctor, you're going to be a surgeon," he reminded and she hummed.

"I'll get him to do a drug test."

_____

Dragging herself up the stairs, Julie acted out the same scene she found herself playing every single time after work. Go into the house, grab a snack from the kitchen and then haul herself up the stairs and collapse into bed. That was her favourite part, collapsing into bed and into the fluffy blankets and pillows. She loved it.

"Because of me?" Scott's crackling voice echoed through the door and she assumed they were on skype to each other.

"Because he's a tool," Stiles countered. Humming, she debated about inerrupting, however, a medical case had been presented before her and she really wanted to get to the bottom of it.

"But, is he gonna play?"

"Well, they don't know yet. Now, they're just counting on you for Saturday."

Knocking on the door, she stepped inside seeing him sat in his own dungeon of darkness surrounded by all of his nerd lights. "Hey Scotty?" She called out, stepping up beside Stiles, "can you come into the hospital tomorrow when I'm working? I want to do a tox screen," she admitted.

"It's not drugs, he's a freakin' werewolf," Stiles interrupted, and she looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"What's more believable, steroids or mystical creatures?" She countered, before looking back at the screen. "Scott got a cardboard cut out of someone or something?"

"What?" Stiles asked, "do you need glass..." he trailed off as he too looked at the screen. Both of them leaned forward at the same time causing them to crash their heads together and Juliette pulled away bringing her hand up to the new bruise.

"What?" Scott asked, noticing them both.

Stiles' eyes widened, but the connection was already becoming glitchy and the screens were freezing up. Stiles quickly moved to type but it wasn't sending through.

"It looks like what?" Scott asked, impatiently.

"Where's your phone?" Julie asked, looking around so that she could text Scott instead.