CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

Awkwardly doing a small jog through the hospital to try and speed up, Julie glanced at everyone around her. She was hoping no one would question why she was there - people talk when colleagues are running through the hospital when they're not in uniform. She'd had a message from Melissa urging her to head to the morgue, and so whilst Scott and Derek were still out trying to capture the two werewolves she was doing some investigating on her own.

She was about to use her key card to get into the morgue but Melissa stopped her as she appeared from round the corner, "we'll use mine. You're not supposed to be here when you're not on shift," she reminded.

"What's going on? It isn't another Jackson situation, is it?" She asked, she'd been told about how he'd grown a strange gel encasing around him.

"No, it's more... human, oddly enough," Melissa admitted.

"Oh.. so why am I seeing this?"

"Because we both know it's not human at all."

Melissa took her to one of the bodies and Julie immediately scrunched her face up at the sight of it. "Is that brain matter leaking out of the head?" She asked, and Melissa nodded. "Ew."

"You literally want to be a neuro surgeon," Melissa scoffed.

"Yeah but the brains are put together in that, they're not all mushy and - " Julie cut herself off with a gag, "I think we need Stiles-"

"I called you so we didn't have to subject young teenagers to this-"

"I don't care, this is disgusting. Call Stiles."

______

It didn't take long for Stiles to get to them, and Julie had vaguely heard Melissa threaten Stiles to keep silent about it all as she brought him in.

"What are you doing here?" Stiles asked, and Julie shrugged.

"Being a medical genius," she droned, although he knew it was a lie.

"Why do you want to show me a body I've already seen?" Stiles asked, as he stared at the body that was already laid out.

"Because you haven't seen everything yet," Melissa urged. They joined Julie round the body, as as Julie was the one with gloves on she began to point at everything.

"That's a ligature mark, that means he was strangled with something, like cord, rope.."

"Ah, okay, wait a second... What kind of Werewolf strangles someone? You know, that's not very Werewolf-y." Stiles said, and Melissa nodded.

"My thoughts exactly. And then, there's this-" Melissa began, and as if she were the assistant to a magician's performance, Julie gestured to the head.

"God... Man, what is that? Is that brain matter?" Stiles asked, gagging himself, "yeah, it's brain matter... of course..."

"See the indentation? He was hit in the back of the head, hard enough to kill him. In fact, any one of these things could have killed him. I mean, someone seriously wanted this poor kid dead!" Melissa urged.

"All right, so then this couldn't have been Boyd or Cora, you know? They wouldn't have done all that. So, maybe this is just one murder? I mean, maybe it's just a random coincidence."

Julie narrowed her eyes as she tried to work out who Cora was, she'd left the party early so that she could investigate the dead bodies at Melissa's request, and now she felt very out of the loop.

"I don't think it was just one..." Melissa admitted.

"How come?"

"Because that girl over there? She's got the exact same injuries."