CHAPTER EIGHT

The Hunter wondered down the stairs, a sick grin on his face as he looked at Derek who had his head hung low. The hunter was swinging a baseball bat, back and forth waiting to use it on the werewolf in front of him. "Ready to have some more fun? To be honest, my knuckles are kind of hurting... So, I brought some help. But, I need to warn ya-- I used to play in college."

The hunter swung the bat but Derek reached, only one of his hands being secured to the fence and caught it before it could hit him.

"...I brought a little help, too."

The hunter turned around to see Scott growling at him.

______

"Scott, help me with this," Derek urged, as Julie climbed back out from the crates again.

"No."

"What?" Derek asked, "what is with you two?" He scoffed, looking between both Julie and Scott.

"Not until you tell me how to stop Peter," Scott urged.

"I mean, I think we're all on the same team here..." Julie muttered.

"You really wanna talk about this right now?"

"He's going after Allison and her family. He's going to kill them," Scott urged, Julie, whilst not agreeing with any form of murder, understood. It was her family that had killed and traumatised his own.

"So what?" Derek scoffed.

"So, tell me how to stop him."

"You can't!" Derek shouted, "All right? Now, I don't know when Kate's coming back, so just get me out of this right now! Get me out right now!"

"Promise you'll help me."

"You want me to risk my life for your girlfriend? For your stupid little teenage crush that means absolutely nothing? You're not in love, Scott! You're sixteen years old! You're a child!" Derek shouted, and Julie shook her head. She agreed with that sentiment. She did not believe Scott to be in love, only infatuated and obsessed.

"Maybe you're right... But, I know something you don't. Peter said he didn't know what he was doing when he killed your sister, right? He lied. Remember this?" He pulled out a piece of paper which had a spiral drawn onto a deer.

"You're all killing bambi, too?" Julie asked, looking up at Derek heartbroken, "god you truly are evil," she muttered to herself.

"This is what brought your sister back to Beacon Hills, right?"

"Where did you get that?" Derek asked.

"My boss told me three months ago, someone came into the clinic asking for a copy of this picture. Do you wanna know who it was? Peter's nurse. They brought your sister here so that Peter could kill her and become the Alpha, and that's why you're going to help me..." Derek said nothing as he thought on the information, "Just say you'll help me, and I'll help you unlock your other-"

"I'll help you."

______

"Okay, maybe you were ever so slightly manipulated," Julie muttered, as she followed Derek up the stairs. Scott was in the lead, with Derek behind and then the human who was at most risk of death if anything was to happen being behind both of the werewolves.

Derek glanced at her irritated, "however, my point still stands," she added on.

Before they left the house, Derek grabbed onto Scott, "hey, hold on, hold on, hold on. Something doesn't feel right," he urged and Scott looked at him confused.