CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Fighting her way through the hoard of confused students and parents, she quickly looked for the familiar face. She didn't think her heart had ever beaten so fast, she could feel it in her stomach. She knew it wasn't there, that it was impossible for it to be there and yet that is where it sat. With nausea and fear, a recipe for chaos. It was chaos. Her mind was chaos.

"Dad? Dad!" She called out, as she found him. Grabbing onto his arm, she looked around confused, "where is he? When did he? What's happening?"

Noah looked over his daughter, "he's not contacted you either?"

"No, what... it was just a game, he said it was just a game-"

Wiping his hand over his head to push back all the wrinkles which were forming, he sighed. Both Scott and Isaac caught up to them, both of them wanting to help find Stiles.

"Look," Noah began, sighing as he did so, "I've got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His Jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means...the hell, I don't know what that means..."

She was trying to keep her face straight but she couldn't, there were tears. She could feel them blurring her vision making it all the more difficult to just stand.

"Um, look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any one of you see him-"

"We'll call you," Isaac said gently, as Scott grabbed onto Julie trying to pull her away.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him."

"Yeah... I'll see you, okay?" Noah assured.

"Jules, it's fine, it's going to be okay," Scott assured, but she could only release a sob as she brought her hands to her head.

"No, he's n-not. He's... dead, clawed to death, shot by a hunter, anything, he's not okay, Scott, he's not. He's not okay."

"The kamina's dead... it can't have been-"

She looked to Isaac before realising what that meant, "it was the Argent's."

"You can't know-" Scott began, but she was quick to cut him off.

"Jackson is dead. Peter and Derek are here. There is no one else!" She cried out, as she gestured around them, "there's no one else to do it, Scott!"

"No, they wouldn't. Stiles is hum-"

"Like that's never stopped them before."

______

Pacing around the house, she called everyone she could. Anyone who might have seen him, anyone who could give even the smallest of clues. Those who picked up knew nothing. Scott and Isaac had given up looking, they'd gone to the hospital to find something out. She hated them for it. She knew she shouldn't, but she did. Stiles was more important.

Noah walked into the house, and she looked at him with hope. But the look in his eyes diminished every ounce of hope she could hold.

"Nothing?"

"No."

He walked up the stairs, trying to find some clues in Stiles' room and she quickly followed after him. "There has to be more we can do..." she urged.

"We need to find anything. Something that can point to any previous altercations. Any sign of deteriorating mental health. everything is a clue," he urged, and she nodded before the pair got to looking.

She still thought it was the Argents. No one was telling her that it wasn't them, there was no one else. No one who could have done anything without any of them noticing or no one else who would care.