Thou shall not gossip

Mary

Morgan, Amber, Patsy, and I drove to a house and parked on the driveway. We got out to see a lovely-looking house. Well, that's about to change.

"Nice house for a liar," Patsy said.

"You know how it is with liars. The appearance is a facade. This is the biggest one around," Morgan said.

"Too bad we're about to dismantle this entire lie." Amber shrugged.

"Patsy, grab the rope," I said.

Patsy grabbed the rope from the truck bed and handed it to me. We approached the front door and knocked. The door opened, and a plastic-looking woman stood before us.

I cocked my head. "Are you Maureen Fisher?"

"Yes. Can I help you?" Maureen asked.

"That's Morgan, Amber, and Patsy. I'm Mary. We got a bone to pick with you."

"I don't want any issues?"

I rolled my eyes. "Too late. You got issues when you opened your mouth about Maury."

Maureen scowled at me as a guy came to the door. The girls and I exchanged glances before raising our brows.

"Maureen, who are these people?" The guy asked.

Morgan stepped forward. "Is your name Lawson?"

"No, it's Jeff."

"Well, Jeff, sorry to hear that."

"What do you mean?" Jeff knitted his brows in confusion.

Amber stepped forward. "What she means is you're shaking up with a two-bit cheater? Are you dumb?"

"No, I'm not." Jeff shook his head. "Maureen is getting divorced."

"Well, she isn't divorced yet. So that makes you the other man. Until there's ink on the divorce decree, she's still married, you dumbass." Amber folded her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Oh, we didn't come here to lecture you about faithfulness. That's a plus. We came here to expose your lies, you plastic bitch," Patsy said.

"You need to leave before I call the cops," Maureen ordered us.

The girls and I glanced at each other and smiled. Maureen decided to make this more fun than we anticipated. We like it when they put up a fight.

*****
Beau

Waylon and I checked on the girls before Hank and Grayson lost their shit. We pulled up to a house, got out of the truck, and strode toward a man and woman hogtied and gagged on the ground.

"Just in time, Beauregard. You can load these two fools into the truck for us," Mary said.

I shook my head and chuckled. Waylon and I lifted the couple onto the truck bed. Amber hopped up, pulled out a marker, and went to town. She wrote words like liar, cheater, and many others all over the woman. She wrote dumbass and other man on the guy.

I can't say they didn't deserve it for what they did.

Amber climbed down and closed the tailgate. "Let's get this over with before Gray hunts me down."

"Grayson can hold his horses. We got to help Maury first. Then he can lose his shit," Mary said.

We nodded, climbed into our trucks, and headed to town. Life was about to get more interesting in Tacoma Falls.

*******
Maury

It felt good to work again. Now, I could contribute to the household. Shep kept customers from leaving before buying anything. We sold more in a single day than we did in a week.