DIVERSION

MARILYN'S POV

I look out the window with amusement at the astonishing sight before me while the car moves slowly through the street. This... This view before me is absolutely so much more than an estate. I observe a lot of my peers strolling the streets laughing and chatting amongst themselves. I chuckle with amusement.

" It's like a little City. "I  say and hear dad chuckle.

"Of  course it is. It's got a hospital. It's got a school ...... I mean lots of schools. It's got a lot. "He says and I kind of find it hard to hate him right now. I shake my head immediately. Nope, I am still going to make him pay. I turn to him just as mum leans and kisses his cheek. I blink and immediately look away. Oh shoot. Why do I keep seeing more of that these days?

Jeez. I sigh with a squeezing heart and try to focus my eyes on the view of my peers having fun.

"It's kind of like a town though. "Mum  says and I smile lightly. Why the hell am I so odd? I beam uncontrollably.

"It feels great to be in such a new lovely environment. So where is our home?" I ask and Mum chuckles.

"Easy  girl. It's not a rush just wait till you see it. This is just the tip of the iceberg. "She says and I scoff. A tip of the iceberg. Wow. I am literally going to experience and exploded brain today. I rest against the window admiring the view. This environment smells a lot of extreme riches. I can sense it. As powerful as ever.

How can... how is this possible that my parents are able to afford an apartment in this ...... this dazzling beautiful golden estate? Something is quite fishy. There has to be something they are not letting out. I however allowed myself the pleasure of keeping silent till we get to the said surprise apartment. Dad soon picks up speed and I can see he is so eager to get to our destination. I so can't wait to torture him for what he put me through last night.

Well, when mum said I will be surprised by what I will see at our new apartment, I absolutely had no idea she meant I will be blown away. As the vehicle strolled through the streets, it suddenly turns to the left and I look around to observe where dad is heading to. He's driving into a driveway. I mean, a very big large driveway almost the size of a car park. With my calculation about 10 cars should be able to fit in the space. I blink as he parks and unbuckles his seat belt. He and Mum turns around to look at me at the back seat.

"Welcome to our new home."  they both chorus at the same time and I look ahead of the vehicle to see a tall, majestic duplex with glass walls at the front structure. Bloody hell... I open the door and step out slowly completely dazed.

"Uh ..... what of Steve ?"  Mum calls.

"I will wake him." Dad replies immediately and I smile. I leave the car door open and slowly approached the stunning Mansion before me.

"Oh my god."  I whisper softly to myself and chuckle. This is so unbelievable. I turn around to see Mum and Dad stepping out from the car. "is this some kind of joke or trick?"  I ask and dad chuckles.

"I  had a hunch that you will doubt this. But trust me. It's ours. This is our new apartment."

I glare at him. I need to let him know that we aren't yet in good terms. "And how did you know this?"  I ask and his scoffs.

"  I know this because it's mine. It's my apartment." He looks around him and waves his hand. "This entire estate is mine. I built it all. "He says and my jaw drops. You have got to be kidding me. I find it hard to say another word after his confession. I glanced at his annoyingly handsome face as he smiles at me. Is he saying this on purpose to get to me or is he flaunting his newly revealed wealth?