24 - yacht party

-- Two Days Later --

I made my way onto the yacht that was tied still onto the deck, greeting the few guests that came by. I went for an easy going style, loose suit pants and blazer. All black which isn't actually really my color.

I walked upstairs and onto the top, chose this as the party and dance area as the middle would be more for the drinks, talking and whatever people come up with.

"Ohh! Our birthday girl is here!" Mateo had caught his eyes on me walking over. His arm already wrapped around his chick.

"Looking absolutely fabulous, buddy!" We shared a quick dap as i honestly couldn't hold back my smile. "Don't flatter me. You're make me red." I jokingly threw a hand towards him but locked my eyes on my father that was just here with him.

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." I accepted into the hug. "Well, where's your special someone? I'm sure Lauren and you have been staying together for the past days as i haven't seen her." He pulled up a smile, taking a sip from his champagne glass.

"Lauren? Dude, you're not finna tell me you're cheating! Are you serious?!" Mateo widened his eyes. "Listen, father, Lauren and i never worked out. I don't know why you haven't seen her but i haven't either and i'm not looking forward to any times soon." I confessed, taking Jackson by surprise.

"Oh? I thought my wing man role worked out but i guess not."

"I said i never needed you as a fucking wing man! It sounds as if i can't take care of my life and find someone myself." I nudged his shoulder with a laugh.

"Hey, Jackson, don't worry. She's well taken care of." Mateo added in, tapping his shoulder with a big smile. "Exactly and i'll introduce you to her after i locate where's gone." I spoke before excusing myself and continuing my walk on the upper deck.

I gazed my eyes around but was in no luck of seeing Bella anywhere here. "Ophelia! Oh our sweet girl!" My path was stopped as a cousin came over for a hug that i accepted with a laugh.

"Happy birthday! You know, your father and i talked before coming here and the gift is all ready and waiting for you." The lady smiled uncontrollably, making me copy her expression.

"Yes, thank you! I'm sure you have gotten the most ridiculous thing this year as well." I laughed out once more. "You got it! Lame things as flowers and clothes isn't my style, Ophelia." She gave me a warm rub on the arm.

Nonetheless i excused myself and walked back to the middle deck of the boat, taking a small stroll around but still couldn't find her.

We had agreed to come here separately as i had a few things to take care of before arriving here so we weren't able to come together.

"Jamie, hey!" I took a stop by the bar. "Hi! What can i help you with boss?" She positively smile whilst asking. "Have you seen this girl, emm, well actually i have no clue what's she's wearing tonight but her name is Bella?" I tried to find the right words to phrase my interest.

"I'm not certain who she is but there were multiple guests that went down to the lower deck. Mostly woman." Jamie answered and i decided to take a chance to find her down there.

"Thank you!"

I made my way downstairs, walking through the hallway where the yacht's cabins were and there she was, just at the end of the hallway, gazing at herself through the mirror in the lounge.

I took a pause, my eyes slowly and surely scanning down her gorgeous dress that fitted her curves perfectly.

"You look divine." I spoke out, catching her eyes locking on me and she placed the makeup tool down. "Hmm, do i?" She turned around, our bodies immediately coming in contact.

"You always do, babe." I laid a soft kiss on her lips, sharing the glowing lipgloss she had on. Bella's hand cupped my face, her thumb dragging along the bottom of my lip to fix the smudged lipgloss evenly.

"How is the special girl feeling today?"

"Better now that i have you by my side." I secured my hands around her more better with a smile. "It seems as all you care about is me rather than your actual birthday party that's about to happen." She copied my emotions, her hands rubbing at the back of my neck that brought such comfort over me.

"Darling, if everyone wouldn't be here right now, i'd take you back to my house to spend it just with you."

"But now, let's stop waisting time and go upstairs for your speech. Besides i'm a little mad at you that you hadn't told me you had a whole yacht to yourself." She dropped her hands off me which was my quote to step away as well.

"What would have changed? Your perspective that i can take care of you better than your own father?"

"Ophelia, stop. I don't want to hear anything about him. His loss for how he's been treating me."

"Alright, alright. Come." I interlocked my hand with herself, leading the both of us up the stairs.

>>>