20 - unsuccessful attempt

I stepped out of my car and made my way up to the front door of Denis's place

I stepped out of my car and made my way up to the front door of Denis's place. I gave a few doorbell rings in hopes Bella will answer but i was met with her father.

"Hi! I'm sorry to bother you but it's urgent, i really need to talk to Bella." I tried to sound as calm as possible but his expression stayed blank.

"Is that so? She isn't feeling well though. Came home last night quite angered." He continued to stand in front of the door, clearly in no mind to let me in.

"Sir, it's urgent. Can i please come in or you could call her out here?"

"Ophelia Butcher. I took a quick search regarding your name and you don't please my needs of being around her anymore. Of course, you seem like a nice girl and didn't give me a bad impression but i'm not looking forward to you putting my daughter's life on risk."

"Oh? But does the fact that you and my father were best buddies not prove anything? Actually, you yourself are a danger to your daughter so why are you blaming me? Nothing has or will happen to her." A slight attitude spiked in me as i truly was getting annoyance of his protectiveness over her.

"Listen!" His tone raised and i absorbed him step out, shut the door so no one could hear us from inside.

"Get out of my property! And if i dare see you with Bella ever again, you'll be dealing with me. And believe me, i'm not nice to those that have any connections regarding the dirty business." His finger was pressed against my chest, absolutely madness spread in his eyes.

"You have no rights to control your daughter's life! She's an adult, let her do what she wants!"

"Last time i'll say this. Get out of here before i do it myself." His tone dimmed and those words brushed against my skin. I took a second to think over his warning and every gut in me told me to fight back but genuinely there was a low chance Bella wouldn't kicked me out either.

"Okay. I'll leave. Just remember that what you're doing right now, with this whole control over her, you're fucking up her desire to live freely." I slammed his finger off my chest, turning around to get back in my car before speeding out.

- - -
"Jamie, can you get me another one?" I asked the bartender, watching her happily mix me the cocktail again. "Rough day, boss?" She asked, giving me a quick glance.

"It's a rough life not day. Can't enjoy shit with what i have gotten myself into." I dropped my eyes on the bar's counter, taking one of the lemon slices from the plate to have a bite.

"Intriguing. If i was you then i'd be more than happy with what i have. I mean, your life from my angle looks like a dream." She placed the glass in front of me whilst speaking her opinion.

"You're not wrong. The whole saying that money can buy you happiness isn't going anywhere for me but can it buy you true love? That's a different story." I explained, taking a sip of the cocktail.

"Oh! So let me assume that your current sadness is for the sake of a broken heart?"

"Surprisingly enough a heartbreak isn't something i'll ever experience so deeply but yeah, it does hurt when you fuck something up with someone you're gradually forming feelings for."

"Sorry to hear it. But life shouldn't end there. Either you fight for them or move on. You shouldn't stay still and wait until sorrow eats you alive." Jamie slowly pulled up a smile whilst shining out a glass.

"You always find the right words. Makes you seem like a sensitive one that has been through a lot as well." I even formed a smile, pushing away the negativity. "Nobody's perfect. I'm only glad to be working on this yacht with a boss that doesn't scold their employees from the slightest mistakes."

"Hey, Ophelia!" I felt the strong grab on my shoulder and i turned my head to the side, seeing the person i was waiting for this whole time.

"Mateo! Finally!" I reached my hand out to dap him up. "My bad! A few tall leg beauties passed me whilst i was walking on the boat and i couldn't hold back to compliment them." He excitingly sat down next to me, in no time switching his eyes from me and over to Jamie.

"Well! We have another one! What's your name, gorgeous?" He reached his hand over the counter to shake herd but i immediately smacked it to take it back.

"Don't steal all the woman here, okay? Otherwise this yacht is only gonna be filled with men." I annoyingly spoke towards him.

"And what's so wrong with that? A little men for you couldn't hurt you, can it?" He nudged my shoulder playfully. "I'm good, dude! I'm not interested touching another dick besides mine, okay!" I replied with disgust yet shock from his comment.

"Alright, alright! I was joking around. But well, what can you offer me? I wasn't even acknowledged you bought yourself a whole yacht even though i've been gone for a couple of months."

"Yeah, Jamie! Can you make the special drink that's on the menu today? Make it extra pink as that'll suite his aura more." I spoke out, a laugh coming out of her before i looked back to Mateo that was staring at me with disappointment.

"Real funny!"

"You joked around first so now we're even!" I gave him a quick side eye before taking a sip of my cocktail.

"Anyways! What's the boat for? Quite fucking huge not only from the inside."

"I'm not even sure. Had extra money laying around and i threw it into this a few months ago. I let my head employee to host events and all that so it isn't just for myself."

"Yeah.. you and your money that just falls out of your pockets wherever you go." Mateo received his glass, having a taste after speaking.

>>>