9 - craving a liking

I forced myself out of the bed, completely frustrated that i can't fall asleep

I forced myself out of the bed, completely frustrated that i can't fall asleep. I threw on the same hoodie and sweatpants i practically stole not only from the previous place but also from Ophelia.

I quietly cracked the door open, hearing zero sounds coming from any direction. I slipped downstairs and found the kitchen, looking through the cabinets of what i could steal to fulfill my midnight snack.

I gathered a handful of candy in my hold and started walking back to the staircase yet i took a pause as the sudden desire to walk around and check out the place a little more spiked in me.

I basically creeped through the rooms, trying to adapt on how just a two story house can have so much activities in it. A cinema, living room, huge forested backyard and as i walked down a hallway, the speck of a glass wall started to appear in my view.

A gym.. are you serious? A whole workout room in a bloody house?! As i walked further past the glass wall that showcased the gym equipment behind it, only a good few seconds after i only noticed Ophelia inside. The only light was from the moonlight outside so i genuinely wouldn't have noticed her if she wouldn't have been moving herself and what seemed to be a punching bag.

I took a stop and absorbed her absolutely draining herself out with throwing kicks and punches that hurt my bones just by looking at it. I grabbed the handle and stepped in, the sound of her movement only now being visible to my ears.

"So this is what you meant with draining yourself out to gain sleep?" I made myself known and she immediately turned to face me with a smile. "There isn't really another way, is there?" She quit the jumping and unwrapped her fist wear that clearly was colored in blood spots.

"Isn't that painful though?" My face frowned to the sight of her knuckles. "Boxing is known to be painful." She dropped down on a bench, squeezing the water in her mouth from a bottle.

"No wonder i could barely breathe from just a few seconds of you choking me."

"Bella, are you purposely mentioning that? You're making me feel guilty. My action ruined your perspective of me plus your chances of getting home earlier."

"It didn't ruin anything. Of course i was sweating my ass off as i thought i was gonna pass out but i guess that just proves that you shouldn't be messed with when it comes to throwing hands." I released a laugh after speaking.

"Real funny. Extremely." She looked at me with disappointment before glancing down to my hand. "I can see you were messing through my cabinets. What is that? What's in your hands?" I watched her stand up and walk closer to me to notice the candy i have in my hand.

"Eating all my snacks, huh?" She questioned yet grabbing a few herself. "Don't blame me! You allowed me to check out the kitchen." I bravely replied, proving a point.

"The kitchen but not the whole house." She came back even stronger, having me dumbfounded now. "I just got curious that's all. I didn't think you were still awake."

"Can't sleep either?" She walked back to the bench, unwrapping a new package of fist wear from a bag just near by. "Not really. The whole thing about what Bentley had planned out is sort of haunting my mind."

"Bentley? Well, i knew he's an asshole when it comes to treating women correctly but to actually kill them.. that's not okay." She explained her opinion.

"But what about you? Not gonna lie, i noticed the splashes of blood on your shirt before we left the other place." I forced the confession out, curious about what exactly she is involved with when it comes to the dirty business.

"Are you scared of me?" She put her attention on me. "Depends. Not everyday do you meet someone that is capable of such violent things with kidnapping and perhaps killing." I tried to be cautious of my word phrasing.

"I don't kill for fun. For example, just because someone would win me over a box match, i would hold anger towards them but not kill, not for such an idiotic reason."

I gave an understanding nod to her response. "Whatever Bentley was about to do was definitely idiotic though and with an idea like that-"

"Let's not. I don't want to hear anything about him anymore." I interrupted her sentence.

I absorbed her stand up, taking her shirt in hand as this whole time she truly was talking to me with only a sports bra on. I allowed myself to use the opportunity whilst she's not looking to scan out her sexy appearance. Engraving the image of it in my thoughts.

But my focus sort of stopped in one place, the moonlight just bright enough on her abs that i could figure out a stab scar on her stomach.

"You've been through a lot, haven't you?" Her eyes were brought back up to me after she slipped the shirt on. "And which direction is this topic gonna slide to?" She asked with a playful tone.

"The scar on your stomach. What's that about?"

"Well that's a person i don't want to hear anything about anymore."

"Manipulated?" I immediately sensed the reason.

"Exactly and overall a bad experience in life that still holds a grudge on me." She tried to force up a smile mids thinking of it.

"Well look at us. Rocking in the same boat. Both been through such shit that at this point we are numb." We slowly began the way out the gym.

"You know, i'm starting to crave a liking for you. Even though i'm utterly surprised of how you are so calm to be with me after i've ruined a week or so of your life." Ophelia spoke, having me hold back a smile that even made me look away and forward down the hallway we were walking through.

>>>