5 - mysterious perfume

I took a seat next to my father at the reserved table

I took a seat next to my father at the reserved table. Taking the menu in hand to look through the meal choices. "Sweetheart, manners." Jackson discreetly pulled it out of my hold and back on the table top.

I gave out a silent sigh before my eyes caught on the two other guests making their way over to us. I kindly stood up, greeting both woman.

"Well. Jackson. What a strong figure your daughter already gives off." One of them politely commented before we took the seats. "Don't flatter her. She's just like me." He replied confidently and i genuinely held back every intention to not smash his thigh under the table.

"It seems as we have never met before though. I'm Lauren." The younger woman locked her eyes on me with a smile. "Ophelia."

"She's the helping hand of my friend here." My dad added in, taking a glance between the both of us. "What business?" I questioned innocently to keep the conversation going as we finally looked through the menus.

"Fashion. A precise type of helping hand." The woman replied herself and i delivered an understanding nod.

I stared into the white ceiling, from time to time taking a glance over to the window that every minute was losing daylight

I stared into the white ceiling, from time to time taking a glance over to the window that every minute was losing daylight. My stomach was growling from hunger but then again i signed up for it myself with showing a clear understanding that i refuse to consume any of the food this woman has brought me the first day here.

I was completely lost. One minute angry to destroy everything i see in this bedroom but the next ready to cry and accept my faith.

What was i here for? Who knows. Was the woman speaking the truth about having zero intentions on killing me? But who is this someone else? They're bound to have the mindset of ruining my life probably. I genuinely feel it that my father is mixed up in this. I know it!

I yanked the blanket off my body and stood up, pacing back and forth in the room. Completely stressed and resisting to leave myself alone with my own thoughts.

I walked over to the door, in hopes to maybe find it unlocked but of course it wasn't. There was another door to my side and i tried that, having me walk into a large bathroom. I walked back out to the bedroom though, my eyes landing on a few cabinets i never searched last night when i was taken here.

I kneeled down on the floor and opened one, the speck of a black hoodie visible in my eyes. I took it out and placed it on the bed before fiddling around the other ones, even finding a pair of black sweatpants.

I walked back to the bathroom and stripped out of my dirty and sweaty clothes. After figuring out how to work the modern shower, i stepped in and my body immediately felt so relieved. The hot water dripping down in all the right places started to grow my legs weak.

I spotted the travel sized shampoo, body wash bottles and used it. Washing everything off right away. But the feeling of something so nice made me stay still for a few minutes, enjoying the only relieving thing i have had the past day.

Nonetheless i stepped back out, grabbing the white towel to dry off my hair and body. I slipped the found clothes on and walked back to the bedroom, sliding underneath the blanket once again.

I tried my best to shut my eyes and just sleep through the hunger but the action took a pause as the smell of a perfume filled my nose. I sat back up and scanned the bedroom, believing that there might be a scent bottle somewhere but the room was already so dark that it was too hard to see something so detailed.

I pushed the thought aside and laid back down but once again the perfume waved into my nose, understanding that it happened from my movement. I grabbed the blanket and pulled it up to my nose but the washing product smell was nowhere close to the one i am literally falling in love with by now.

I pushed the blanket slightly off me and decided to test the hoodie i had put on and there it was. A mix of vanilla but the smell of citrus easing out the sweetness just perfectly.

I positioned myself back between the pillows, even a smile forming on my dry lips from how comforting the scent was.

I seated Lauren on the couch in my living room before excusing myself and going upstairs with the take away box of food i took from the restaurant we just got back from

I unlocked the bedroom door and stepped in, just ever so slightly figuring out the silhouette of someone laying in the bed.

"Why are you in the dark?" I questioned, shutting the door and switching the light switch on. "If a person is trying to sleep then i don't think a light is necessary." Bella spoke back with an attitude, already under the blanket.

"Got food." I placed the warm box on the nightstand, adding the utensils right on top. "I'm not eating. Get it out of here." She sternly replied, pushing herself up to sit.

My eyes immediately scanned down the part of her body that was revealed when the blanket came off from her movement. The sight of her hair in a wet state as well. I tried my best to keep my smile hidden but it was too late.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked with a serious expression. "I see you have tried the shower out." I happily commented, keeping my smile visible. "Was that something that was restricted for me as well? Maybe you want me to just lay down and not move at all? You know, grow old bones."

"Whatever is in this bedroom and bathroom is yours now so i can't restrict you to use anything in here."

"Great. One normal thing you have said to me through this period of keeping me hostage."

"Ouch. I guess i'm not nice enough towards you, am i?" I asked, for some reason unable to pull my eyes off her right now. "Don't. I had enough with how you acted this morning so i don't want to fight."

"I'm glad to hear it." I answered but not waisting any more time before walking back to the door. "Also.." I paused, landing my look back on her. "My clothes look good on you." I admitted, seeing the utter nervousness spread her face but i closed the door and locked it, pressing my ear against it and immediately hearing the sound of the utensils and box being taken in hand.

I rushed back downstairs and over to Lauren who had already made herself comfortable on the couch. "So.." She locked her eyes on me with a smirk. "How about we skip the talking and get to the point?" I absorbed her stand up and grab the loose sides of my jacket, our bodies coming in contact.

>>>