13 - upcoming trouble

I stepped out of the bathroom, tucking the hoodie down before my eyes landed on Ophelia's, her own self still laying under the blanket

"So i guess this is it? Last time seeing each other?" She spoke out with a blank face. "I mean thankfully you didn't choke me so hard last night besides i did tell my father that i'm returning from this so called vacation today." I took a seat next to her.

"If you wouldn't have loosened my grip then i honestly would have forgotten why you were staying here for these days." She pulled up a smile.

"Well you still left a pretty rough mark so i need a scarf or something from you. The last thing i want is my father to find out i have slept with someone so dominant." I spoke back confidently.

"So he dislikes you being with someone like me?" She asked, climbing out of the bed and throwing on her boxers and sweatpants.

"Let's just say he's controlling of everyone i date. But why would do that matter, we're not dating and i'm not planning no marriage with my kidnapper." I bravely said, following after her into the closet.

"For there to begin a relationship with someone, needs to be feelings, not just sex." She turned to face me with a smile. "Exactly. But can i get that scarf? I'll figure out how to cover my neck through the days until it's gone." At this point i demanded.

I watched her open a drawer, fiddling around it before pulling one out. "I'm sure this suites your style the most." Ophelia handed it over and i walked into the bathroom, positioning it perfectly around my neck.

My eyes caught on her walking in, stop just behind me. "I'm still sorry for everything. The whole hostage thing and us last night. It escalated quick and only for the fact that we were intoxicated."

"As much as i'd love to say my usual talk that we should regret it and it was a mistake but.." I turned around, locking the eye contact properly. I knew i wanted to tell her that this was the first time i felt so close to someone after knowing them for a week or so but i couldn't build up the courage. She was genuinely making me feel like i mean something to someone even though she in no way expressed anything when it comes to love or feelings.

"I have to go." I slid past her and out the bathroom. "Well, i guess, we call it here." She followed after me downstairs and over to the front door. I slipped my shoes on and gave her one last look. "You know, let's think of this as a one night stand. The things that happen beforehand, inexistent."

"Sure. That's honestly what it was. One night of lust and the next morning you don't see each other ever again." She honestly spoke out, unlocking the door for me and i didn't want to waist no time so i left, hopping into the uber i called just earlier.

- - -
I stepped into my bedroom, closing the door behind me with a sigh. And here i finally was, back into my old room, father's house. It almost felt unreal as i did believe in some way that i wouldn't be returning here ever again.

I grabbed a change of clothes and showered, grabbing Ophelia's to give it a wash. My father and i had talked for a good hour and there was no doubt that he did believed i went missing for the sake of his business but thankfully his trustful heart towards me made him feel at ease that i had gone for a second vacation.

-- Two Weeks Later --

I organized my room a bit, changing the placement of things for a different look. My eyes landed on one pair of clothes though, grabbing it out of the drawer to notice it was the one's i came here with just two weeks ago. Ophelia's clothes i had washed out.

My mind had been racing the past days to know how she's doing or where she is now but why? I seriously should leave the thought about her be and move on because how we met was possibly the worst thing out there.

I brought the clothes over to my bed, grabbing a backpack to tuck them inside. My decision was clear and as much as i tried, i couldn't hold back. I left my father's house and took a uber, giving him directions to Ophelia's house where it all started.

I stepped out and made my way to the front door, ringing the door multiple times before it was finally opened.

"Bella?" Ophelia looked at me with pure shock but my eyes had immediately dropped down to her cut across the side of her face.

"Ophelia, what happened? What's on your face?" I stepped in, questioning. "You know what shit i work with so isn't it expected?" She playfully said, leading me further in and over to the living room.

"So? I honestly never expected to see you ever again plus in this house." She took a seat and i did the same just next to her. "I honestly never expected myself to come here but i came here for a reason." I slipped the backpack off, opening it to lay the clothes on the coffee table.

"I thought i mentioned the fact that you can keep them."

"I couldn't. They're yours and the brand is quite expensive." I replied, standing back up.

I knew i should be leaving already because overall that was the only reason i wanted her to believe i came here for but deep down in my own mind, i made up an excuse for something that has been bothering me.

"Wait, Bella, sit down for a second. You don't need to rush out so quick." She grabbed my hand, pulling me back on the couch. "I'm not delusional. For you to pack the clothes, drive all the way here just to give them back, was that really the only reason?"

"Okay, Ophelia." I focused my eyes on hers. "Firstly, i want to know where did you get that from?" I gave a glance to the cut she has across her face and she immediately broke the eye contact, laying back in the couch.

"Had a quite strong word exchange with Bentley."

"What? Was he here? What did you tell him?"

"The only thing i could come up with was that you slipped out of my hold and escaped but of course i had got his hopes up that i had you and there it is." She gave a quick point to the cut. "I might be good with throwing hands but knifes isn't really my thing." She looked back at me with a smile.

"Listen, Ophelia. There has been something that's bothering me for the past week and i think that has to do with Bentley."

>>>