2 - Bella Farrell

I took a seat in front of my father, placing the whiskey bottle and glass on the coffee table for him

I took a seat in front of my father, placing the whiskey bottle and glass on the coffee table for him. "That's all i got in this house." I laid back, absorbing him pour himself a drink.

"You're not gonna drink?"

"Dad, you know i don't anymore. That shit doesn't fix anything so why ruin my health?" I strictly answered back.

"Suit yourself."

"But well, how have you been besides the divorce with Alexa? Any new missions you're apart?" Jackson questioned, taking a sip of the liquor.

"Been like i shit. What do you expect? Living in this big ass mansion all alone can drive you nuts most days."

"And missions? I remember correctly that even though it's a dangerous lifestyle, you still enjoy it and find thrill about it."

"I mean, i'm moving from one to another. More so have a few side works with transporting the goods and the real estate market has been going well lately. Though my friend recently asked a favor. He's in the need to find the daughter of some CEO dude so i'm also working on that."

"Oh? Who is this CEO? Maybe i can put my hand on it and help?" He asked with a smile, clearly invested into the idea.

"I'm not even sure. He's some car technology freak. It would be more understanding if my friend wanted to get his hands on the money this dude has but for some reason he's interested in the daughter."

"Probably in desire to find a wife. Been met with those situations plenty of times and such a female figure that has her father with a good income is genuinely a smart choice to marry her for an innocent public view."

"Possibly. We all seek to look innocent and vulnerable to anyone these days just so you build trust with the public around you. Honestly disgusting as the whole this is a huge scam for money but i'm not an angel myself."

"What's this daughter though? Maybe i can help with locating her? Still have a few contacts in my phone even though i have taken a step back from this business." Jackson continued.

"I think her name was Bella.. Bella Farrell. But there is no need for you to get involved. We've had a good track on her for the past month and patiently waiting until she comes back in the country."

"Wait, wait! Farrell? That's her last name? Hold on, i feel like that's.. Is the CEO Denis Farrell?" He placed his glass down and leaned forward on his knees, clearly searching his mind to add the information together.

"Yeah? What's up about that? Is there things i should look out for?" I myself even grew interest into the topic by now.

"Sweetheart, that's not no car technology freak. Of course yes! That's his image for what he's known for but we all got them to hide the dirty work behind it. I had worked with him a good decade ago or so but there was such a huge attack on his team that he fled and i never saw him again." Jackson carefully laid the information out.

"Listen, this guy isn't on the level he was before and quite frankly isn't close with the mafia anymore but people grow techniques as time passes. Just be careful when it comes facing him. He doesn't play friendly with anyone and the background he held back then most likely is just as strong now."

"Do you think i'm that weak to not be able to throw a few hands?" I dropped the seriousness and pulled up a smile. "He doesn't do fighting. One pull on the trigger and you're dead without getting the chance to explain yourself."

"Well thank you for the warning. I'm still glad i won't be standing against a bull of the mafia like you were back in the days." I slipped out a laugh after my own comment.

"I'm thankful about that too, Ophelia. But honestly, i'd definitely like you to ask your friend that threw this favor out to you to explain why he needs exactly her. Even if he was in charge of the kidnapping, he'd be putting his self on a risky line."

"Well, it's obvious he didn't wanna smear his own hands and rather put me up for the job. But why would i care? I'm not taking her for myself. Better yet if this is about marriage then that's no way to find love. Forcing someone is the last thing you should do to find the one for you."

"Even though you have changed your perspective of life, i kinda like it." I watched his lips form a smile at me. "And what's exactly there to like? The fact that I'll drop dead from old age before finding someone to fulfill my life again?"

"Sweetheart, don't lose hope. My wife actually has a few lovely friends, maybe you could come for a visit someday and i can introduce you to some of them?" My father stared back at me with a smirk, having me question on why i even let his ass in my home.

"I don't need no wing man, okay dad? Cut that stupid idea off and let's not talk about it anymore."

>>>