Chapter 15 - A little trick

Start from the beginning

 The words 'oh sh*t' were written on everyone's face.

 I quickly rushed to the conference room, hoping that the board was at least covered up.

 But of course, why would it be?

 Why would the heavens spare me the awkwardness?

 I found Neuvillette sitting by the large table in the middle of the room staring right at the board.

 As if that hadn't been enough, he wasn't even alone. Two children around 16 years old were right next to the damn thing pointing things out on it.

 "Look, Monsieur! This one seems fun!" The boy pointed to a line on the board.

 "I do not think getting slowly burned by flames is all that fun, Lyney." The girl next to him deadpanned.

 "It is still better than what you found Lynette! What was it? Drowning in paperwork? I would rather be burned to death."

 Neuvillette chuckled at their words and I wished I could just drop death right then and there.

 Oh god!

 What the hell have those bastards been writing up there?!

 My horrified shock was apparently audible somewhat as all three of them turned to me at the same time.

 "Ah, Mr. Wriothesley. I'm sorry to be a bother. I hope I did not disturb you too much."

 As he greeted me the smile he showed the children completely disappeared.

 I couldn't help but find it a pity.

 ...

 Damn!

 What the hell Wriothesley?!

 What is he? Your boyfriend?

 Why would you care whether or not he smiles at you?!

 I quickly threw these thoughts to the side and donned a more polite expression.

 "You've merely given me a chance to get away from my paperwork, Mr. Neuvillette. I assume you are here for your car keys?"

 As I asked this I was already reaching into my pocket for the keys.

 "Yes, I am indeed. I would not have bothered you for it during your work hours had the booster seats not been left in the car."

 "Not that we need them." The boy commented on the side.

 "You will use them till I deem you tall enough to sit without." Neuvillette snapped at him sternly.

 I have a feeling this isn't the first time they are having this conversation.

 "Ah! Where are my manners? Allow me to introduce you. Mr. Wriothesley, these are Lyney and Lynette. Kids this is-"

 "Someone who works with crazy people." Lynnette mumbled softly, taking another glance at the whiteboard.

 Fair enough. That one was totally deserved after they saw that.

 "Lynette." Neuvillette warned.

 "My apologies."

 "It is alright. And Mr. Neuvillette... That board..."

 How should I even say this?

 Hey, sorry about the giant whiteboard full of ways my colleagues wish to kill you?

 Yeah...

 That isn't the best idea.

 But that doesn't mean I can just do nothing.