CHAPTER 4

The next day had come exactly as quickly as Sephora had hoped it would.

With a slight bounce to her steps she came into the living room with a bright smile on her face, wiggling her brows in a manner so funny  that she had Ivy giggling uncontrollably.

    "You are so cute mommy"
Ivy said in between giggles.

    "You are much more pretty my love"
Sephora complimented Ivy who laughed before running into Sephora's arms.

Hugging her neck tightly while inhaling her scent.

     "I Love You Mommy"
She declared, sighing softly before relaxing into her shoulder and burying her face in Sephora's neck.

Sephora didn't miss the fact that Ivy was gradually becoming more emotional than she usually was.

    "I Love You More baby"
She replied before looking to the side to see Martha who nodded softly, confirming that their guests had arrived.

       " I'm going to have to put you down baby so you can take a nap while mommy attends to a brief meeting with some people."
Sephora informed Ivy who nodded before carefully dropping on her feet and waving at Martha before she went in the direction of her room.

    "Miss Walker and her associates are here ma'am"
Martha informed Sephora who nodded.

      "Send them in and then order some refreshments"
With that she took a sit and waited, setting her mind up for the drama she was about to display.

     "oh. Ciana"
She heard the ever soft voice of miss Walker, the daughter to the woman who had made sure that she and her sisters were handed over to the best family there was in the block.

After the death of her mother, Miss Walker had proceeded to walk in her mother's kind footsteps, Living a happy memory In the hearts of those who encountered her yet it was like a switch turned off whenever she would want to be mean, those who knew her knew that it would take the Lord himself to actually stop her from overseeing her intentions.

     "So long now Bren"
Sephora replied with a smirk when she saw the mischievous look on The woman's face.

She was as mischievous as a cat.

     "Meet my colleagues, Carol and Candice"
She introduced the women who seemed so uptight Sephora almost wondered how they were breathing in their outfits.

      "It's lovely to meet you "
Sephora smiled as warmly as she could accommodate.

      "The pleasure's ours"
The less uptight one replied .

      "I heard everything Greg put you through, I'm really sorry Cee"
Bren spoke softly, smiling sadly before tapping Sephora softly, yet beneath that smile Sephora could tell that Bren knew she didn't need the sympathy, if there was anyone who was going to be needing it, that would be Greg and miss arm candy.

      "The reason I invited you here is because I have decided to legally adopt Berlin, The child my husband had through an affair and I was hoping to see the possibility of it"
Sephora spoke, deciding it best to simply put it out there.

She didn't have all day to waste on the situation especially because it was a Saturday and she intended to spend it with her daughter but looking at the way Bren was low-key shaking her head, Sephora could tell that the way she spoke didn't appear as emotionally low as they would would want to see her as the compassionate person she wanted them to believe she was.

She needed to appear a little more emotional, more pitiful, Kind and caring, She needed to be intentional and to achieve that,   she inhaled shakily, slouching in her sit and recoiling in on herself.