Kai "Overhaul" Chisaki

Start from the beginning

"Honey, what should we do with Kai? If he gets angry and lashes out, we'll die, but we can't pamper him too much. It's all so scary and nerve-wracking." My mother sighed.

"All we can do is treat him normally and hope he doesn't lash out at us, we can breed a powerful doctor or hero out of him." My father said, reassuring my mother.

Looking down at my glove-covered hands, I began to cry. They no longer saw me as their innocent little boy, they saw me as their way to an early grave. "My quirk... it's a curse." I cried to myself before walking up the stairs.

When I arrived back inside of my room, I looked at my tablet and went onto Google. My parents would always set the 'parental settings' on my tablet, but I would disable it and go onto Google all the time.

For a few seconds I couldn't decide what I wanted to type, but after a few minutes of pondering I typed in, 'How to get rid of quirks?'.

At first, it came up with many stupid ways like, 'cut out the fourth artery running in your arm.' Or 'Visit the special man who takes quirks.' All of the answers were nonsense and they never displayed any evidence.

Over the course of the next two months, I would go up to my room for many hours per day and read many threads and news articles until I stumbled across a thread called, 'The Origin Of Quirks Theory.' Intrigued by the title, I clicked on it and began to read.

The more and more I read it, the more I became disgusted with myself. To summarise it, the thread described how rats had given us quirks and that they're a disease instead of natural human mutation.

By the time I was done with the thread, I began to claw away at myself until I stopped to think. "My quirk... I can reassemble and disassemble things. What if I can cure people." At that moment, everything clicked and I stood up. "I can cure my parents first," I noted out loud before throwing my gloves aside.

Disassembling and then reassembling my door, I walked up to my parents' room. I thought about knocking, but instead, I flung the door open. "Kai, what are you-baby what's wrong, your arms and neck are red and why are your gloves off?" My mother asked me, rushing over to inspect me.

"Maybe his gloves were feeling itchy again." My father pointed out as he leaned up in bed.

Staring at my mother with a gleeful smile, I touched her, disassembling her only to reassemble her an instant later. When she reappeared she looked at me with a shocked expression.

"K-Kai, are you okay why did you just do that to mommy?" When I looked into her eyes, my world shattered. Dropping to my knees I began to weep, my parents couldn't be saved, and the illness that plagued us couldn't be cured.

"There's only one more way to save them," I muttered before looking up. Launching myself at my mother, I tapped her shoulder before she disappeared. Looking at me with complete horror in my eyes, my father tried to scramble out of bed, but I pounced on him. "It's the only way." I cried before killing him on the spot too. "They're cured now." I cried before staring down at my hands.

I had to cure my parents first, I couldn't watch them suffer from this disease with all the knowledge I knew.

"I'm going to cure everyone," I swore.

Later that night, the police would come and I would be put into care along with other children. At the care home, I would witness and experience many things that would corrupt my mind.

The appalling feeling I would get from quirks would turn into pure hatred. Anyone who used their quirk for criminal acts or heroic acts was seen as a pest to me, people who needed to be cured the most.