𝟙𝟛

Clarity enveloped me the moment I smelled Mom's food

Clarity enveloped me the moment I smelled Mom's food. The rich flavor of her culinary arts suppressed the confusion fogging my mind when I awoke. As I gobbled and munched, Kagome giggled, seeing the infamous feral sister I became when hunger took control. "I guess it's been a while since you've had any decent food, huh?"

What a big understatement that was. "You try eating wild herbs and berries for a month." That was how long I had been gone; a month had passed since I fell into the well. And though time flowed similarly in thd modern and feudal eras, the latter felt longer than four weeks.

"And here I thought Kagome's appetite was big." Kagome lightly hit Sango's arm for such a remark. "That is so not true!" Crimson flushed the girl's cheeks. Sango couldn't help but laugh. She passed me a clean napkin to smear off the sauce staining my lips. "Given how soundly you slept, shall we assume you had a good night's rest, Yuna-sama?" The slayer asked. I gulped down my food hard. Recalling the iridescent dream would be a tough pill to spill. I wasn't sure where to begin telling Kagome and her friends about my dreams. But the sound of straws pulled our attention to the front entrance. Inuyasha came in with a light scowl. I looked at him, confused. What got him so moody at first light?

"Whose reincarnation are you?"

I blinked. "Excuse me?"

"Inuyasha!" Kagome scolded. "Don't just drop the bomb on her like that. You'll scare her!"

"I'm not trying to scare her, you idiot." He growled in an unwelcoming and rude manner.

"I want to know what she's hiding from us. A spectacle like last night can be no coincidence." He looked back straight at it. "So spill it; who are you, or what are you, exactly?" But I folded my arms together and rose to level our eyes. He didn't tower over me like Sesshomaru easily could, but their attitudes were, no doubt, similar.

"Believe me, I'd like to know that myself, too."

"Next question," he started, but Kagome stopped him.

"Quit it, Inuyasha. Yuna-chan is still recovering; we can ask questions later once she's fully rested." The hanyou merely scoffed. "She could be a spy for all we know."

"She's my sister!" Kagome snapped, offended by the accusation just as much as I was.

Amid their bicker, Sango sighed, mumbling to herself, "Here we go again," while the little kitsune, Shippo, nodded in agreement. At some point, Miroku had also entered the hut, but whatever information he had to tell us, was silenced by their banters.

"The fact that your sister traveled with that mutt gives us every reason not to trust her!"

"We don't even know her side of the story yet!"

You would if you could simmer down and let me explain.

"And it's not like Sesshomaru is coming back to take her away!" Kagome finished. The conviction in her voice sent a shudder down my spine. I did not doubt that Sesshomaru left the battlefield alive - I was thankful he had - and there was no reason for him to come back for me, but it would be a sickly stab to the gut to imagine him leaving without a proper goodbye.