ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

(𝓛𝓮𝓽'𝓼 𝓽𝓻𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮...)

𝑨𝒄𝒓𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔

In an unknown realm no man could reach, a lone warrior descended to a snow-covered hill, where the moon burned brightest in the calm, dead night. Darkness caved in at every corner of his eyes, drawing his vision into a blur. He could no longer smell the blood that trailed through his robes. Blood that was not his own.

He looked d at the moon with hollowed eyes as moments of his crime resurfaced once more: the blood splattering his face, his sword plunging into soft flesh, and eyes that gaped at his in perplexity. The image of her dead body would forever haunt his mind and so would her last words, for they had prophesized the outcome of his departure from her; had he listened and stayed, the princess would have survived. The blood in his hands would have been gone and his promise would have never been broken.

The prince's body grew numb. From the cold or the loss, he could not tell. His fingers curled tighter around the pendant that nestled in his palm. He didn't even have the strength to part from her prized possession.

How pathetic, he thought to himself. How utterly pathetic.

He had been warned of the repercussions and paid the price for it.

/////

I do not own any of the characters or artworks in this story except my OC, Yuna :)