𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒚

What once had been a peaceful slumber in a valley of flowers, became a massacre of thunder and rain. The land quaked as water gushed from the cracks, drowning the meadow of its beauty.

Water gushed into my throat faster than I could splurge it back out. I struggled to keep myself afloat, thrashing my arms against the roaring currents. An unknown force suddenly dragged me to the bottom of the ocean. A calm, yet eerie domain, the murky waters stung my eyes. The dirt and darkness were all that greeted me until a single flash of lightning summoned another pair of larger, rounder eyes. Once solidified, they glowed like emeralds, glaring at me with extreme hunger. Rapid bubbles fired out of my mouth.

'Yuna...Yuna...'

I ignored the echoes of my own name, focusing only on what stared before me. The sea began to swirl around them and created a prison-like vortex that trapped me and the monster together. Their closing proximity was inevitable and as the tornado transformed into gleaming scales that matched the monster's head, I knew I was done for.

The serpent presented its fangs, aimed at me, and then...

"YUNA!"

My eyes tore themselves open, ripping me away from the serpent's fangs.

"Whoa, there! You alright, Yuna?"

I turned to see my friend, Suki, looking at me with concern.

"Was it another nightmare?" She asked. "How bad was it?"

It happened again - nightmares that plagued me ever since I left for South Korea for a foreign exchange program. For four long months, not once had I slept peacefully. My dreams felt so real, frequent clinical visits had to be made during my stay. No doctor or medicine could cure my reoccurring nightmare, but over time, I grew to live with them, jolting myself awake only when they felt too real to tolerate.

I apologized to Suki, hoping that my episode hadn't scared her again.

"You didn't," she reassured me. "But I was still worried. Your face was covered in sweat and you had your face all scrunched up like someone was about to hurt you. What did you see this time."

I didn't answer, but not because I didn't want to. I couldn't even begin to describe what I had dreamt about. So, I told her that I didn't remember. Suki didn't buy it, but she didn't press on. Then, the familiar ring of an announcement rang through the plane.

 Then, the familiar ring of an announcement rang through the plane