CHAPTER 27.{long chapter}

OLIVER NIGHT P.O.V🤍

I dropped my phone and rushed to the hospital, my mind racing. When I got there, I saw Summer pacing around the waiting room, her face pale.

"What really happened?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"It was raining last night, Viola told me she needed to come here and see you. I tried to stop her, but she wouldn't listen."

Tears streamed down her face, and I pulled her into a hug. "It's going to be okay," I said, even though I wasn't sure if that was true.

"Where is her body now?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper.

"Her body has been taken to the morgue,You need to sign some papers so they can release her body for burial."

I nodded, feeling numb. "I'll go and see the doctor," I said, my feet feeling like lead as I walked away.

I tried to push the thoughts of Viola's death out of my mind, but they kept coming back, haunting me.

I felt like I was in a nightmare, and I just wanted to wake up.

CLARA ROSEWOOD P.O.V.❤️

"Mum, Can we ask you something?" Zeo said, her voice soft

"Of course, What is it?" I said, looking at them both

Zion looked down at his feet, and I could see that he was nervous. "Mum, are we fatherless?, I mean, don't we have a dad?"

I was taken aback by the question. I didn't know what to say. "Why do you ask?"

"Because other kids at school talk about what their dads buy for them, But it's always been just you, Mum. Don't we have a dad?" he said, his voice small

My heart ached at the question. "Of course you guys have a dad," I said, wanting to reassure them.

"Then where is he?" Zeo asked, her eyes wide. "Is he dead?"

I felt the tears welling up in my eyes, and I struggled to keep them at bay. How could I answer such a question?

"No, he's not, He traveled, but don't worry, he'll be back soon."

"When, Mum?" Zeo asked, her eyes full of hope.

"Very soon, Now you two, go to your room. Mummy has to work."

"Okay, Mum," they said, giving me a hug before heading off.

I watched them go, my heart heavy. I wished I could tell them the truth, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Scarlett entered the room, and I quickly wiped away my tears.

"I know you were crying,I overheard what you were talking about with your kids."

I sighed, feeling a mix of relief and exhaustion. "But why did they have to ask about their father? I'm not ready for them to know."

Scarlett sat down beside me, her hand on my shoulder. "I know it's hard,But maybe it's time to tell them the truth."

I shook my head, my eyes filling with fresh tears "I am not trying for them"

"Of course you're trying, but it's their right to know their father. You can't deprive them of their rights."

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked, feeling hopeless.

"Forgive Oliver, He's made mistakes, but he's changed. Please, give him a chance."