CHAPTER TEN .

VOILA P.O.V.🖤

"I thought you weren't going to come," Summer said.

"Why would I not come?" Viola asked, confused. "We're both working on this project, and you expect me not to show up?"

"But I thought Oliver had asked you to resign,"

"I can't resign, not yet,I still have so many dreams and goals that I want to fulfill."

"But Oliver asked you to resign, He must know what he's doing. Can't you just listen to him?"

"No," Viola said, her voice rising. "I don't want to be a stay-at-home wife. I never have."

"But Oliver is so rich, he'll take care of you," Summer said

"I want to work and make my own money, too,I don't want to rely on anyone else for my financial security."

"I give up on you, I just hope you don't regret your decisions one day."

"I never will,"

"So who takes care of Oliver at home?" Summer asked

"Who else? That bitch Clara, of course," Viola said

"I pity your future," Summer said, shaking her head. With that, she turned and walked away, leaving Viola standing there, alone.

"Pity your own future, not mine," Viola muttered to herself.

CLARA ROSEWOOD P.O.V 🤍

As I finished washing and drying Oliver's clothes, I went about the rest of her household chores. I tidied the kitchen, vacuumed the floors, and dusted the furniture. I even cleaned the windows, something I rarely had time for.

I sat down on the couch and took a deep breath as I dialed Diana's number.

📲"Hey," I said when she answered.

📲"Clara, why is it that when I call you, it never goes through? It's always you who has to call me," Diana said, sounding frustrated.

📲"My phone broke,"

📲"Can't Oliver get you a new phone?" Diana asked.

📲"I...I never mind ," I stammered

📲"Are you sure you're okay?"

📲"I'm fine," I said, trying to sound convincing. "Don't worry about me."

📲"Okay, but...your mom is very sick, You should come home. I think you need to be with her right now."

📲"What?" I said, my heart dropping.

📲"Don't panic, just come home as soon as you can," Diana said

📲"Okay," I said, my voice trembling. "I'll call you back later."

I hung up the phone, I could hear Oliver honking the horn outside. Oliver walked into the house and ignored my greeting, heading straight to his room.

"How am I going to tell him that I need to go back home to see my sick mother?" I thought to myself, my stomach in knots.

Just then, I heard a bloodcurdling scream."Clara!!!" Oliver screamed, and I rushed into his room.

"Sir, you called me?" I said

"What have you done to my clothes?" he screamed, his face red with rage. I could see that his shirts and pants were stained with bleach. "Look at what you've done! All of my clothes are ruined!"

"I...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to..." I stammered, but my words trailed off. I didn't know what to say

"Sorry?" Oliver yelled. "Are you kidding me? You're a dumb idiot. Why can't you separate the whites from the colored clothes when you're washing them?"

I cringed, feeling like a fool. "I'm so sorry," I said, my voice shaking. "I was in a hurry and I wasn't thinking."

"You weren't thinking?, Do you realize how much these clothes cost? I'll have to buy all new ones now."

"I'll pay you back," I said, my eyes filling with tears. "I promise"

Oliver laughed, but it was a harsh, mocking laugh. "You'll pay me back? How, you idiot?"

"I...I sorry," I stammered

Oliver grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out of his room."You're sleeping outside tonight,"

"But it's raining outside," I protested

"I don't care, You need to learn your lesson."He pulled me outside, the rain pouring down on us. He slammed the door behind me, leaving me in the downpour.

"Oh my God," I said, my voice barely audible over the sound of the rain. "He expects me to sleep outside, in the rain."

I stood there, shivering and wet, feeling completely helpless and alone. I didn't know what to do. All I could do was stand there and let the rain soak me to the bone..........