CHAPTER 25.

OLIVER NIGHT P.O.V❤️

As I entered Scarlett's office, she looked up from her computer and smiled. "Good morning," she said.

"Good morning," I said, my voice still a little shaky from the emotions of the past few days.

"How can I help you?"

"My name is Oliver," I said, trying to sound as professional as possible. "I'm..."

"You can just cut to the chase,I know what you're going to say."

"I know that Clara has already told you everything," I said, feeling a bit sheepish.

"Yes, she did, So what is it that you want?"

"I mean no harm," I said, my hands held up in surrender. "Can you please give me her address?"

"But what for?" Scarlett asked, her eyes narrowing.

"I promise I mean no harm, Please, I just need to talk to her."

Scarlett hesitated for a moment, then said, "I will, but please, I need you to promise me that you won't try anything funny."

"I promise," I said

CLARA ROSEWOOD P.O.V 🤍

"Come in," I said, not taking my eyes off my laptop. I was busy working on a project, and I didn't have time to chat.

As I heard the door open, I continued to type, until I looked up and saw Oliver standing there. My heart stopped for a moment, and I couldn't breathe.

What was he doing here? What did he want? I had so many questions, and I wasn't sure I wanted the answers

Hi," he said, his voice soft.

"How...can I...help...you?" I asked, my voice faltering as I tried to steady my breath.

"I mean no harm,I just want to talk."

I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down."Okay,I'm listening."

I waited for him to say something, but he just stood there, staring at me.

"Well?" I said, my patience wearing thin. "What did you want to talk about?"

"About the child you were carrying," he said, his voice hesitant.

"What about them?" I asked

"You gave birth to twins," he said, his voice full of surprise. "Didn't you?"

"Would you just get to the point?,What are you trying to say?"

He took a deep breath, as if gathering his thoughts. "Clara said that I was responsible for your pregnancy, But I have never slept with you. I don't understand" he said, his eyes searching mine for answers.

I looked away from him, a tear rolling down my cheek. "It's all in the past,There's no need for you to know."

"But Clara,You said that I got you pregnant. I need to know the truth."

I felt my anger rising, and I tried to control it, but it was too late. "There's nothing for you to know!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face. "You've already caused me and my kids enough pain. Now please, just get out of my office!"

"Clara, you can't just expect me to walk out of your office without knowing the truth, You claim that I'm responsible, and I need to know if that's true."

"And if I tell you the truth, what then? What will you do? Nothing! You'll just walk away. So please, just leave."

He looked at me, his expression unreadable. "Then you are lieing I am not their father you are a liar"

I walked over to him and slapped him hard across the face. "I don't care what you think,I don't care if you don't accept them. I'm not ready to tell you anything. We are fine without you in our lives, so please just leave my office!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face.

He looked at me, shock and anger warring in his eyes. For a moment, I thought he might hit me back. But he just stood there, staring at me.

"You know what?, I think I will leave. It's clear that you don't want me here, and I don't want to make things worse. I'll just go."

He turned to leave, and I felt a pang of regret. But I didn't want to show it, so I just watched him walk out the door.

I closed it behind him and collapsed onto the floor, sobbing.

★~~®~~

"You mean he said all that to you?" Diana asked

"I'm so sorry," Scarlett said, her eyes filling with tears. "I shouldn't have given him your address."

"It's okay," I said, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. But it wasn't okay. I was a mess, and I had no idea how to fix it.

"But why are you crying?" Ava asked

I couldn't bring myself to answer her. I just sat there, crying.

"Clara, are you still in love with him?" Diana asked

I couldn't avoid the question any longer.

I took a deep breath and considered my answer. It was a difficult question to answer, and I wasn't sure what the truth was.........