CHAPTER NINE.

CLARA ROSEWOOD P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning, earlier than I thought possible. I got out of bed and immediately felt the pain in my leg. It was heavy and sore. I tied the bandage tighter and started my morning chores. I forced myself to go about my day as normal, but the pain was ever-present.

Just then, I heard the front door open. I rushed to the door to greet them, but I stopped short when I heard them arguing. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but their voices were angry and loud.

OLIVER NIGHT P.O.V.

"Don't tell me you're traveling again, Viola, You just got back from Singapore!"

"I know, But my boss really needs me to go. It's only for a few days."

"A few days?, That's what you said last time. And the time before that. And the time before that."

"But, Oliver, is the nature of my job"

"I told you to resign already,"

"But then what will happen to all my education and training? I studied to be this. I don't want to be a stay-at-home wife. I never have."

"You won't be a stay-at-home wife, I'll open a shop for you, or something like that. You can run your own business."

"No!" Viola said, her voice rising in anger. "I studied to be a model, not a businesswoman. This isn't what I want!"

"It's not my fault," I  said, my  voice rising to match hers. "My job, my job, my job? You're the one who made me to marry Clara. It's your fault!"

"How is it my fault? I'm the one who made you promise her marriage!

" If you had just come with me, then my father wouldn't have forced me to marry her! But no, you had to stay for your precious job."

"It'll only be for a few days,"

"Who will take care of me then?"

"Clara will,"

"Whatever,I'm done with this. Do whatever you want."I  turned on my  heel and stormed out

Viola followed me to the bedroom. "Babe, I'm sorry. It's only for a few days."

"Okay when are you leaving"

"Today "

"What? Today?" I  said

"Yes," Viola said, her voice wavering. "I'm already late, I have to pack"

Viola finished packing her bags, then turned to face me . "Will you drop me off at the airport?"

"I'm sorry, I don't have time," I  said, not meeting her eyes.She smile as she kissed me on the cheek, then left the room

THE FOLLOWING DAY

Oliver got dressed for work, then sat down at the dining table. I rushed to him, placing a plate of bread and a cup of coffee in front of him
.
But Oliver didn't say a word. He just sat there, staring into space. I was about to leave the room when he spoke.

"Clara, Stay,"

I nodded as I stood there, frozen in place. I watched as he took a sip of the coffee, and then he screamed.

"Clara, are you trying to kill me?" Oliver yelled, his face red with anger.

"What are you talking about?, I just made you coffee."

"Why is this coffee so hot?" Oliver yelled

"It's not hot, I made sure it was at a normal temperature."

"Really? You're going to argue with me?" Oliver's voice was getting louder "Come closer, let's talk this out."

I hesitated for a moment, then took a step towards him. He was looming over me now, his eyes flashing with anger.

Suddenly, he grabbed the mug of coffee and upended it over my head. Hot, scalding liquid poured down my face and neck, burning my skin. I screamed in pain.

He threw the mug to the ground, shattering it into pieces. "Why did you scream?, I thought you said it wasn't hot."

As tears streamed down my face, I could still feel the heat of the coffee on my skin. I couldn't believe what had just happened.

"Make sure you wash all my clothes before I get back from the office," he said, and then he left the room, slamming the door behind him.

I ran to the bathroom and turned on the cold water, letting it pour over me. I stood there, crying, the water washing away the hot coffee that had burned my skin...........