CHAPTER 21.

CLARA ROSEWOOD P.O.V🤍

"Good morning, Scarlett," I said, a smile on my face.

"Good morning to you, too," she said, returning my smile.

"I'm sorry about the way I spoke to you last night,I didn't mean to be so harsh."

"It's okay," she said, waving her hand dismissively. "I understand. It's been a stressful time for you. No hard feelings."

"Are you going to work today?" I asked.

"No, today's my day off," she said, a smile on her face. "What are your plans?"

"I was hoping you could help me drop Zoe and Zion off at school, I know it's a lot to ask, but I am really busy today"

"Of course, I'd be happy to,"

"That reminds me, Did you forget about my friend from the village that I told you about?"

"Oh, you mean Diana?" she asked, her brow furrowed in concentration. "The one whose phone number you couldn't find?"

"Yes, that's the one, I'm worried that she'll come to the city looking for me and not be able to find me."

"Don't worry, Now that I know what she looks like, I'll keep an eye out for her. I'm sure we'll find her."

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry to rush off, but I have to get going."

"No worries," she said, smiling. "I'll see you later. Have a great day!"

"You too!" I said, as I headed out the door..........

★~~®~~

"What you did was awful and wrong," Summer said

"I know, But I apologized to Oliver" Viola said, her voice full of remorse

"But how could you leave your daughter at school past the closing hours? What if something had happened to her?"

"I know, I know,It was a terrible mistake. I promise I'll never do it again."

"But seriously," Lillian said, as she sat down next to Summer, "I don't understand why Oliver is so worked up about this. It's not like he doesn't know the nature of Viola's job. She's a busy woman, and sometimes these things happen."

"But he already told her to resign," Summer said

"But I don't want to," Viola said

"But this job is not suitable for a married woman, especially one with a daughter," Summer said, her voice full of concern.

"I can take care of myself, Just because I'm married doesn't mean I can't work. And I'm not going to let Oliver control me."

"You're right," Lillian said, nodding her head. "You're a strong, independent woman. You don't need anyone to tell you what to do."

Summer shook her head in frustration. "Lilly, you're misleading Viola, Just because you're not married doesn't mean you know what it's like to be in Viola's shoes."

"Hey, that's not fair, Just because I'm not married doesn't mean I don't understand Viola's situation. I'm just trying to help her see all sides of the issue." Lillian said, her eyes flashing with anger.

"No, you're just trying to convince her to do what you think is right," Summer said, her voice rising

"Lilly is not misleading me,"I think her advice is the best. She's just trying to help me see things from a different perspective." Viola said

"Bad advice is not the best, and I feel sorry for you," Summer said, her voice dripping with disdain..

"No need to pity me, I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions."

"Summer , I don't know what your problem is, I've never given you a bad piece of advice before. In fact, you've always told me I'm a great friend." Lillian said

"No, I haven't I've told you your advice is sometimes misguided, but you never listen. You always think you know best." Summer said

Viola's phone rang, breaking the tension in the room.
📲"Hello?" she answered, her voice quivering slightly.

📲"Is this Mrs. Viola Hawthorne?" a woman's voice asked on the other end of the line.

📲"Yes, it is, Who's this?"

📲"Your daughter has been in an accident and has been brought to our hospital, Please come as soon as you can..."..........