CHAPTER 17.

"Don't you think we should go to the city to see Clara?, It's been two weeks since we've heard from her." Ava said

"I've been thinking about that, But I heard the queen paid her a visit, and she's back now." Diana said

"Really?"

"Yes, but I want to go and see her myself. I want to make sure she's okay."

"But since the queen went and came back, doesn't that mean nothing happened?"

"Do you think she'd tell Clara everything that's been going on?"

"Do you have her home address?" Ava asked

"We could ask the queen to give it to us," Diana suggested.

"Exactly!, That way, we can go and see her for ourselves. We can make sure she's okay."

"We'll have to be careful, though, The queen might not want us to talk to Clara. We don't want to get in any trouble."

"I know,But we have to do something"

★~~®~~★

The room was dark and messy, with clothes and books strewn across the floor. Scarlett sat on the floor, her back against the wall, a bottle of beer in her hand. She was crying, her shoulders shaking.

The only light in the room came from the streetlight outside, casting long shadows across the floor. The silence was deafening, the only sound the occasional sniffle from Scarlett.

"Why is my life like this?" Scarlett sobbed, the tears streaming down her face. "Why did they all leave me? What did I ever do? I've loved him all my life. Why did he just decide to break up with me? It's not fair!"

She took a long swig from the bottle of beer, then let out a shaky breath.

"I'm a medical doctor, and I couldn't even take care of my own heart," My heart, you were designed to pump blood, not to fall in love! Why did you do it? Why?"

She put her head in her hands, her body shaking with sobs."I hate all boys!" Scarlett shouted, her voice rising in frustration.

"They're all the same - liars, promise breakers, gold diggers. They steal your body and your heart, and leave you with nothing. I will never fall for another man again!"

CLARA ROSEWOOD P.O.V 🤍

As I slept, I felt a sudden rush of cold water, drenching my body. I opened my eyes and saw Viola standing over me, a cup in her hand. She had poured the water on me

"You fool, get up!" Viola snapped

I jumped to my feet, my body trembling.
"Look at the time!" she continued, You've slept in, and now who's going to clean the house? You useless idiot!"

"I'm sorry, ma'am, I was up late last night..."

"I don't want to hear your stupid excuses!" she shouted, cutting me off. "Just get to work!"

"Yes, ma'am," I mumbled, my head hung low. I turned to go to the bathroom, but before I could make it there, I was overcome by a wave of nausea and ran to the sink, where I promptly threw up.

Viola let out a cruel laugh. "I hope that's not what I think it is,"

I felt the bile rise in my throat again, and I retched, my whole body shaking. When I came up for air, I saw that Viola was still standing there, watching me.

"Are you pregnant?, Is that what this is about?"

I wanted to say something, to defend myself, but I couldn't find the words. I just stood there, my head spinning, my body weak.

"Answer me!" she yelled, her face red with rage.

"Yes," I whispered, my voice shaking. "Yes, I'm pregnant."

"What?!, How? Who is responsible?"

I took a deep breath, trying to find the courage to answer her question. "It's Oliver," I said, my voice barely audible.

"What?!" she shrieked.

I looked down at my feet, unable to meet her gaze........