38- Rekindle -

To say I was nervous would be a grave understatement

To say I was nervous would be a grave understatement. My stomach was doing flips, till it started hurting me. Almost like I had to use the bathroom.

I gave Kendra my keys and walked out towards the parking lot.

That's when I spotted the black BMW parked under a light with the windows rolled up.

The thought of him watching me through the tinted windows, made my heart beat quicken even more.

I walked over to the car and opened the door with shaky hands.

I got in. Inside was cool. I could smell his usual woodsy cologne.

Bigga was rubbing his chin and looking at me sideways. He turned the key in the ignition, causing the radio to turn on, playing music at a low volume.

"How long mi nuh see yuh?" He said to me. "Ah suh yuh aguh greet mi?"

He leaned forward, placing his hand on the arm rest. He didn't lose eye contact with me.

Knowing me, mi nuh too like the eye contact thing.

I smiled looking down at my hands in my lap.

"Uh nuh affi act so shy,"

He took hold of my hand, pulling me towards him. I wrapped my hand around his neck, pulling him into a hug. His buried his head in my neck and I got a even better whiff of his cologne.

My mind and body was going crazy. I don't know how somebody can have such a effect on me. It feel like obeah.

We pulled away and he flicked the locks to the car and began to back out of the parking lot.

"How yuh been?" I asked.

Nuh wan ask him bout wah mi see pon di news yet. Nuh wan too ruin the mood yet.

"Mi feel better now that mi see yuh," he sped the car down the road. "Yuh hungry?"

"Yes. Mi woulda like sumn nice,"

Won't pass up free food.

"Wan taco place down di road. Yuh want it?"

I nodded.

He pulled up in front the restaurant. A few people stood outside.

He got out and I followed suit. He walked over to where I was exiting the car and wrapped his hand around my waist as we walked over to the restaurant.

Bigga opened the door and we got in. People began staring at us.

I don't like the attention. I especially don't like how some a di gal dem a look pon Bigga too long. Even one of the girls standing in the line, turned to look at us and have her eyes linger on him too long.

A wah she lost round yah suh?

Bigga didn't seem to notice as he kept his eyes on the menu, above the cashiers' head.