20- One Weekend -

Jordan's P.O.V

"Yuh sure yuh alright?" Mommy asked for the tenth time since the morning

"Yes Mommy, mi alright," I leaned my head back in the car seat.

She turned on the road, heading to the mechanic shop where I dropped my car off some weeks ago.

"Bwoy," she sighed. "Jay mi swear it deh tek everything ina mi fi nuh go obeah man fi dah bwoy deh enuh,"

Ere yah doe.

"Mommy it already happen,"

Well Bigga did seh him did a go do something. Even though mi nuh understand wah him did mean by that.

We pulled up in front the shop. I got out and walked over to the where I saw Delroy leaning on an old junk car. He eased off when he saw me and Mommy walking to him.

"Wamn Delroy?" I greeted him.

"Wah bust up yuh lip so baby?" He asked.

"Mi come fi mi car," I looked around to see it under the ceiling of the shop. "Mi nuh wan hear nuh bad news enuh,"

"Yeah it good now man," he walked over to it. I followed him.

The dent was completely gone. The headlights were restored.

"Thank you Jesus," I opened the door and got in.

"Yeah man just be careful pon di road," Delroy leaned his hand on the window.

I rubbed down the seats. Know how long mi nuh see mi car.

Ina kinda smell frownzy like Delroy but mi soon fix up that.

"A who dah lady deh?" I turned to Delroy.

I watched as he studied Mommy curiously.

"Ah yuh mada? She nice eeh. Ah she yuh get di prettiness from?"

"Tek yuh yeye dem offa mi mada," I got out of the car and walked back over to Mommy.

"Mommy help me put in di bag dem,"

We took out my bags I had packed for the weekend and put them in my car.

Me, Fiona and Kendra are heading to my grandmother's house to spend the weekend with her and my grandad.

"So yuh go just pick up Kendra and Fiona?" Mommy questioned when we put in the final bag.

"Yes. Yuh sure yuh nuh wan come see Grandma too?"

"No Jordan," she shut the door. "Just gwaan. Mi will call her,"

I gave her a hug and got back in the car.

I picked up Fiona and Kendra at the bus stop.

Almost an hour later we were on the road to Grandma's house.