Candies | Part Thirty Nine

The last time Taehyung visited the graveyard to see his mum was yesterday night when he was coming back home from his shift at the CV store

And just like yesterday, he's here today to see her and tell her everything about what happened today. It has become a habit because that's what he used to do when his mum was alive.

There aren't many sad and crying moments because he still feels close to her; and a bit content that she finally got to meet her husband and his father in the skies. They must be happy and healthy together.

Today he's kind of sad though, as he sits right beside the tombstone with her knees held close to his chest. There's a frown covering his face and his body is slumped. It's been three weeks already since she went away from him and somehow, since the same moment he's been feeling a little bit empty.

And the only person who helped his days to get better was going to in like, a week? Days went by a little too quick—a bit too fast for his liking.
He knows when he goes home now, he'll find his Guk sitting on the couch; watching some drama or English speaking tutorials but it's quite saddening to think of the moments he won't be here beside him.

But then, he doesn't wants to get upset and spoil his remaining days with the older already, that's why he gets up as he bids his mother a good night before he walks away from the graveyard; towards his own home.

The walk was simple and quiet. It was around eleven pm by now and mostly the alleyways were empty and silent as he walked back home. He has a bag full of two egg sandwiches, a banana milk bottle, some rice pudding and also a couple of another drinks that the CV store owner allowed him to take home.

He just can't wait to share the food with his people.

But then, when he reaches his home—he sees a car—Jeongguk's father's car outside their apartment building and it doesn't sits right with him when he watches the man himself dragging a luggage bag with him and soon after, Jeongguk follows behind.

He's confused and worried as he sprints up to the older boy with a backpack on his bag and a plastic bag carrying the food he had brought.

"Hyung! Gu—gukkie!" He calls the boys; shouts for him because they were about to sit back in the car.

"Where—where are you going?!" Curiousity and worry both flow together as he questions the boy even after he sees his uncle glaring at him.
There's disgust, disappointment in the man's eyes—but Taehyung doesn't even cares—not like the man has ever showed him an ounce kindness before.

"Where the hell had you been at this time?" The man questions but Taehyung doesn't even pays attention to him anymore when he finds the way Jeongguk's eyes are so red rimmed and swelled up.

"What happened to you? Were you crying?" He questions as he moves exceptionally closer to the older boy. He notices the way Jeongguk flinches at Taehyung grasping his shoulders.

"Jeongg—" his uncle begins but Jeongguk is quick to look back at his father.

"A couple minutes dad, just few minutes.."

Hearing the way Jeongguk says those words, almost pleading through his tone and eyes; the man nods before getting into the car before his son.

"Gukkie?" Taehyung looks at the boy with curious  expression that also covers up the fear and concerns he must feeling for the other.

Jeongguk looks hesitant and helpless both at the same time as he moves closer to the younger before grasping his shoulders and pulling right into his arms.

Not like Taehyung doesn't likes it; it's just confusing for him but the moment taehyung lays his head on the older's shoulder—he hears the older whispering against his ear.

"He's taking me right now, to my—my grandpa's house and from there; I'll get straight to the airport a week later, okay? He's probably doing this because my mom told him about you and me, baby.."

"That—that means we've to break up and n-never see each other again?" Fearful and scared; he tightens his arms around the older's waist.

"No silly, my father is quite dumb you know—he thinks sending me away would break us up but I promise I'll more closer to you than ever, just this one week—this one week without talking to each other but I promise the moment I sit in the plane, the first I do is to call you—"

"That means..that means I won't be able to see you off?"

"You don't have to—"

"What do you mean?! You'll be going away for three years! What if we don't stay the same—"

"Shut up! Stop doubting me or our relationship okay? I'm warning you for the last time—"

"Jeongguk!" His father interrupts with his loud, furious voice, anger so evident in his tone—Jeongguk almost shivers at it.

"Just a minute!" He shouts back, annoyed and messed up.

"Then—when will I see you again?" Taehyung whispers against his neck.

"The day I land in Canada? I'll FaceTime every day, every day and every night—I'll annoy the hell out of you with my calls!"

It's hurtful; painful as he plants a kiss on the younger's neck, it's soft—chaste and filled with extreme warmth and longingness.

"I'll miss you Guk hyung, I'll miss you so much—and there won't be anyone else here with me—"

"Shush, I'll be right here—just a phone call away, okay—" soft and comforting, he tries his best to console the younger.

"Jeongguk! Hurry the fuck up!"

And just like that, with a tight and warm hug—Jeongguk stares at the younger with each and every way of love he could feel and every stars that had ever shone through his eyes.

"I love you, alright? I love you so fucking much—"

His father horns with a sharp scowl on his face and thus, Jeongguk slowly takes a step back; his eyes finding it impossible to look at the younger whose eyes are too watery and upset to bear.

And just like that, Jeongguk sits just beside his father; closing the door with a loud thud.

And slowly the car accelerates and taehyung takes a step and two towards the vehicle as if it's on instinct.

It's unbearable just how he couldn't do a thing to get Jeongguk back and make him stay. The same thought goes on and on in the elder's head.

Taehyung finds it hard to watch the other go , he was unprepared after all..but the car already took the right turn and vanished from his sight.

He looks back at the bag he carried so happily. Guess he'd have to share the food with his brother only..

 Guess he'd have to share the food with his brother only

Nobody's reading but here I'm wasting my time :)