19. Easier

Jungkook found himself in the rehabilitation center, surrounded by equipment he never imagined using. The initial days were excruciating; each exercise felt like climbing a mountain. His physical therapy sessions were grueling—stretches, weights, and mobility exercises pushed him to the edge of pain.

"I can't do this anymore," Jungkook grumbled, frustration etched on his face as beads of sweat trickled down."You're doing great, Jungkook. Just a little more," encouraged his therapist, a reassuring smile on her face.

Every day, Jungkook woke up determined to conquer new challenges. He pushed himself through the pain, his determination fueling his progress. Some days were harder than others, especially when progress felt slow, but he refused to give up.

"You're making progress, Jungkook. Slowly but surely," his therapist praised, noting his improvement in movements.Yet, there were moments when self-doubt crept in. "Will I ever get back to normal?" he questioned, staring at his hands, longing for the strength they once held.

Jisoo, by his side throughout the sessions, offered unwavering support. "You're stronger than you think, Jungkook. Keep pushing, you're getting there."His emotional struggles were as demanding as the physical ones. Frustration simmered, doubts clouded his mind, but every time he felt like giving up, he remembered Jisoo's words and the support of those around him.

Then, small victories started trickling in—standing longer, taking a few steps unaided. Each small achievement boosted his spirits and fueled his determination to keep going."I did it!" Jungkook exclaimed, a glimmer of excitement in his eyes, after taking several steps without assistance.His therapist smiled, "That's fantastic progress, Jungkook. You're doing incredibly well."

As days turned into weeks, the grueling exercises started yielding more significant results. Jungkook's resilience paid off; he began regaining some strength and mobility, inching closer to independence."You're almost there, Jungkook," his therapist encouraged as he finished a particularly challenging session.

Amidst Jungkook's grueling rehabilitation, Jisoo stood as his unwavering pillar of support. Every session, she sat beside him, holding his hand through the pain, offering words of encouragement that became the beacon of hope in his journey."You're doing great, Jungkook. You're so strong," Jisoo said softly, her eyes brimming with pride as she watched him push through each challenging exercise.

On days when frustration overwhelmed him, Jisoo's empathetic presence soothed his soul. She'd wrap him in a comforting embrace, understanding the weight of his struggles without a single word exchanged."I know it's hard, but you're not alone," Jisoo whispered, her voice a comforting melody amid the turbulence of his emotions.

Her involvement extended beyond words of comfort; she actively participated in his care. From ensuring he took his medications on time to preparing meals that adhered to his dietary requirements, Jisoo was meticulous in her attention to detail. "You always find a way to make me smile," Jungkook admitted, a hint of gratitude in his eyes as he observed her effort.During moments of self-doubt, Jisoo's unwavering belief in him shone through. "You've come so far, Jungkook. I have no doubt you'll overcome this,"

The evening sun painted a warm glow across the hospital room, casting elongated shadows on the walls. Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed, his expression a blend of exhaustion and determination after another grueling session of physical therapy. Jisoo sat beside him, her hand gently tracing circles on his back, offering a comforting presence.

"Do you need anything?" she asked softly, her eyes reflecting concern.Jungkook sighed, leaning back slightly. "Just you," he murmured, his voice barely audible above the hum of medical equipment.

Her touch lingered, a silent assurance of her unwavering support. "I'm here," Jisoo reassured him, her voice warm and soothing. "You're doing so well, Jungkook. I'm proud of you."He managed a faint smile, appreciating her encouragement. "Thanks, Jisoo. Sometimes it feels like a never-ending battle."

"I know," she replied empathetically, her hand moving to gently squeeze his. "But look how far you've come. Each day is a step forward."Jungkook's eyes met hers, conveying gratitude and fatigue intertwined. "It's hard not to feel worn out," he admitted, his voice carrying a note of frustration."I understand," Jisoo said softly, her empathy evident. "You're allowed to feel tired. But remember, you're also incredibly strong."

He leaned into her touch, finding solace in her words. "Thank you," Jungkook murmured, closing his eyes momentarily. "You make it easier."

As the evening wore on, they remained together, the hospital room bathed in the warm hues of twilight. Jisoo continued to offer her quiet support, her presence as a source of comfort in the midst of the trying circumstances.

Jungkook turned to Jisoo, a determined look on his face as he took her hand. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you," he began, trying to maintain a serious tone.Jisoo raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk playing on her lips. "Is this about the time you accidentally used my toothbrush?" she teased, trying to lighten the mood.

He chuckled, a hint of embarrassment coloring his cheeks. "No, no, it's not about the toothbrush incident," he replied, shaking his head. "But it's equally important."

Taking a dramatic pause, Jungkook got down on one knee, producing a small box from his pocket. "Jisoo, will you continue being my partner in crime, my fellow binge-watcher, and my favorite travel buddy for life? Will you marry me?"

Jisoo giggled through joyful tears, pretending to ponder the question. "Hmmm, let me think... Do I get unlimited access to your Netflix account?" she joked, feigning a serious expression.

He laughed wholeheartedly, nodding enthusiastically. "Absolutely! You'll have VIP access to all the binge-worthy shows."With a playful eye roll, she extended her hand. "Alright, deal! Yes, a thousand times yes!" she exclaimed, accepting the proposal amidst laughter and joy.

Jungkook slipped the ring onto Jisoo's finger, and she admired it with glistening eyes. It was a simple yet elegant ring, sparkling in the soft hospital room light.Just then, the door swung open, and a nurse popped her head in with a cheerful smile. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but visiting hours are coming to an end."

Jungkook glanced at the clock and realized how late it had gotten. "We should probably head out," he said reluctantly, not wanting the moment to end.As they gathered their belongings, Jisoo reached for her phone. "Let's capture this memory," she suggested, wanting to document the precious moment they shared. They leaned in together, beaming at the camera, their fingers interlaced, and the ring prominently displayed.

After a few snapshots and a warm hug, they made their way out of the hospital room, still giggling about their playful banter during the proposal. Walking down the corridor, they were greeted by a few nurses who congratulated them, adding to the warmth and happiness of the moment

Exiting the hospital, they stepped into the cool night air. The stars twinkled above them as they paused for a moment, embracing the tranquility of the night."We'll share this news with everyone tomorrow," Jungkook said, pulling her closer as they walked towards the parking lot.

Jisoo leaned her head against his shoulder, feeling the weightlessness of the moment. "I can't wait," she murmured contentedly, feeling grateful for the love and laughter that filled their evening.

💌💌💌