6. Enchanted

Jisoo hesitated for a moment at the door of Jungkook's family home, a mix of anticipation and nervousness churning within her. As she entered, she was greeted by the warm embrace of familiarity—the cozy ambience, the aroma of home-cooked meals, and the comforting laughter of familiar faces.

"Jisoo!" Jungkook's mother greeted her with a wide smile, enveloping her in a tight hug. "It's been too long. We're so glad you could make it."

Jisoo reciprocated the embrace, feeling a surge of comfort wash over her at the genuine warmth of Jungkook's family. "Thank you for having me. It's wonderful to see everyone again”. She exchanged pleasantries with various relatives, catching up on their lives and sharing stories, feeling a sense of belonging amidst the bustling family gathering.

"Jisoo, come sit with us," Jungkook's grandmother called from the living room, patting the seat beside her.

Jisoo settled in, engaging in light-hearted conversations and relishing the familial atmosphere that surrounded her. The genuine affection and the way Jungkook's family welcomed her with open arms echoed a sense of homecoming she hadn't felt in years.

"Grandma, this is Jisoo. Remember her?" Jungkook approached, a fond smile on his face.

"Of course, I remember her!" Jungkook's grandmother beamed, her eyes twinkling with affection. "Such a lovely girl. You should've seen how Jungkook used to talk about you."Jisoo's cheeks flushed faintly, a warm sensation spreading through her as she exchanged glances with Jungkook. The undercurrent of romantic feelings stirred within her, reminiscent of the enchanting lyrics of Taylor Swift's "Enchanted."

Their conversation continued, infused with playful banter and nostalgic anecdotes, reliving shared memories that felt like fragments of a forgotten fairy tale.

"I've missed these moments," Jisoo confessed softly, her gaze meeting Jungkook's, a silent acknowledgment of the bittersweet nostalgia that enveloped them.Jungkook's gaze held a trace of longing, mirroring her sentiment. "Me too," he murmured, the unspoken emotions lingering between them like a melody waiting to be sung.

Jisoo had been engrossed in conversation with Jungkook's younger cousin, enjoying the playful banter until his tone shifted slightly, veering towards discomfort.

"You know, Jisoo, you've become even prettier since the last time I saw you," Jungkook's cousin remarked, his words laced with an unwelcome flirtatious undertone.Jisoo chuckled nervously, her discomfort evident. "Thank you, but let's just stick to catching up as friends."

However, his cousin persisted, leaning closer, his demeanor growing more invasive. Sensing the unease in Jisoo's expression, Jungkook intervened discreetly yet firmly, addressing his cousin with a measured tone.

"Mingyu, bro.. let's give Jisoo some space," Jungkook interjected, his voice calm but assertive. "We're here to enjoy the evening together."

The cousin, caught off guard by Jungkook's intervention, backed off, albeit reluctantly, muttering an apology before excusing himself from the conversation.

Jisoo breathed a sigh of relief, silently thanking Jungkook with a grateful smile. "Thank you, Jungkook," she expressed softly, her eyes meeting his, filled with gratitude and a hint of admiration."You're welcome. It's what you get when you're born pretty," Jungkook replied with a playful grin, trying to ease the tension in the air.

Jisoo chuckled softly, a mischievous glint in her eye. "Ah, is that how it works? No wonder you turned out so handsome; your parents must've been supermodels!"

Jungkook was taken aback, his playful grin evolving into a surprised expression. He blinked, momentarily shocked by Jisoo's unexpected wit. It was a side of her he hadn't witnessed before—a clever and quick comeback that caught him off guard.

A comfortable silence fell between them, filled with unspoken words and shared amusement. They exchanged playful glances, reveling in the ease of their banter.

As the evening drew to a close, the jovial atmosphere began to fade. Guests started bidding their farewells, preparing to leave the gathering. Jungkook turned to Jisoo, a hint of hesitation in his expression.

"Hey, Jisoo," he began, his voice tinged with a touch of uncertainty. "I'll be leaving town soon, but before I go, would you... um, want to go out for a casual hangout or something?"

Jisoo met his gaze, a mixture of surprise and curiosity reflecting in her eyes. His genuine and gentlemanly approach to the invitation sparked a sense of warmth within her. It was a simple yet meaningful gesture that caught her off guard.

"Sure, I'd like that," she replied with a smile, her heart fluttering with a mixture of anticipation and intrigue.

Jungkook's face lit up with a relieved yet radiant smile, grateful for her acceptance. "Great! I'll... um, let you know the details then?"

"Sounds good," Jisoo replied, returning his smile.

With a nod and a lingering glance, Jungkook bid her a pleasant goodbye, "Thank you for coming tonight, Jisoo. It meant a lot to see you here," Jungkook expressed warmly, a hint of gratitude in his tone. “Thank you for inviting me,” she thanked him.

"It was great catching up. Take care, Jisoo," he added with a gentle smile, his eyes conveying a mix of appreciation and a silent hope for the upcoming casual hangout.

Their eyes met briefly, holding a shared understanding beneath the fleeting moment, before Jungkook turned to join his family.

💌💌💌