11. Heart To Heart

Jisoo breaks the silence, her voice trembling but resolute."Father," Jisoo begins, her voice quivering. "I've waited for this moment for years."

Her father's gaze softens, tinged with remorse. "I know, Jisoo. I've made mistakes. I've hurt you." Jisoo, holding back tears, expresses her pain and confusion. Her father, remorseful and regretful, offers explanations tinged with his own vulnerability.

"I needed to understand," Jisoo confesses, her voice wavering. "Why did you leave us?"

Her father's expression softens, eyes filled with sorrow. "I made mistakes, Jisoo. I was lost. I never meant to hurt you or your mother."

"I craved your guidance, your presence. But it was an absence that shaped me, Dad. I struggled to understand your reasons."

Her dad tried to get near her but she took a step back, "I failed you, Jisoo. There's no excuse for the pain I caused. But I want to mend what's broken, to be the father you deserve."

Their shared tears symbolize the release of years of pain, setting the foundation for rebuilding their relationship. She gave in when her father took her to his warm embrace. "I failed you, Jisoo. I'm sorry."

°°°

Jisoo stood on Jungkook's doorstep, her heart racing with a mixture of nerves and determination. The weight of the day's revelations lingered, but amidst it all, one realization stood out - she couldn't bear the thought of losing Jungkook.

As the door creaked open, Jungkook's concerned gaze met hers. Jisoo took a deep breath, her voice trembling but resolute."Jungkook, I... I need to tell you something." Her words faltered briefly before she continued, "Today, meeting my father, it made me realize... life is too short for regrets."

Jungkook's expression mirrored her apprehension. "Jisoo, what's on your mind?"

Her heart raced as she poured her emotions into words. "I've been holding back, scared of facing my feelings. But today... today made me realize how much you mean to me."

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise, his concern turning to a mixture of hope and curiosity.A wave of remorse washed over her. "I'm sorry, Jungkook. I couldn't save us, and I almost gave up when I shouldn't have."

Jungkook's gaze softened, his heart aching with understanding. He gently cupped her cheek, his touch tender and reassuring. "Jisoo, you don't have to apologize. I've been a mess without you, too. You're not alone in this."

He leaned in, his voice tinged with a playful tone, "You know, the only thing tougher than being without you was figuring out how to style my hair without your advice."

Jisoo chuckled softly, "Oh, please! You were lost without my fashion expertise, too."

Their laughter filled the air, a mix of shared memories and the promise of a new beginning. Jungkook brushed his thumb against her cheek, drawing her close, their foreheads touching as they shared a tender moment, their laughter turning into a shared silence filled with unspoken promises.

"You're not drunk, are you?" he asked, his voice laced with a mix of hope and disbelief.She giggled softly as he enveloped her in a tight hug. "Why are you asking?" Her tone held a blend of playfulness and uncertainty.

"Just making sure you're here, and I'm not lost in a dream," he mumbled, burying his face into the crook of her neck. "Thank you for coming to Hwasa's wedding and not shutting me out. I've missed you since our 'break.' You even changed your number and shut me out."

"I'm sorry. I thought you were out exploring the world, finding someone better."

His voice softened, carrying an undertone of tenderness. "There's no one in this world quite like you, Kim Jisoo. No distance or time could make me forget what we shared."

He gently pulled back to gaze into her eyes, his expression filled with sincerity and affection. "You're my constant, the one I've always carried in my heart."

💌💌💌