15. Distance

It's been a month.

Jisoo sat at her desk, the familiar surroundings of her room feeling strangely empty. She glanced at her phone, checking for any messages, but there was nothing from Jungkook. Her routine felt incomplete without his good morning texts.

Jisoo was in her thoughts "Maybe I'll pick up a new hobby or revisit an old one. It's odd not having his presence around, but I need to keep myself busy."

She started browsing through her laptop, considering various activities she could immerse herself in. After a while, she grabbed her camera and decided to go out for a walk, capturing photos of the city she loved, hoping to distract herself from the pang of loneliness.

"I used to do this often before. It's refreshing to rediscover the city through my lens." she talked to herself.

Back home, she settled in with her guitar, playing some tunes she had composed long ago. Music always helped her cope with emotions, and today was no different.

Jisoo singing softly to herself “♪♪ I'll keep myself occupied, not letting this distance win over me. ♪♪"As the evening approached, she found solace in a good book, getting lost in its pages, temporarily forgetting the void left by Jungkook's absence.

°°°

Jungkook stood amidst the bustling streets of a new city, marveling at the vibrant atmosphere, a stark contrast from his hometown. The foreign sounds and smells enveloped him, a mix of excitement and homesickness. He fumbled with his phone, attempting to capture the unfamiliar sights to share with Jisoo.

Jungkook: (texting Jisoo) "Hey,love! The city is incredible, so different from home. I wish you were here to explore it with me."

As days passed, Jungkook immersed himself in the local culture, sampling new cuisines and learning a few words in the local language. Yet, the ache of missing Jisoo lingered, and he found himself calling her more often, craving her familiar voice.

Jisoo: (on a video call with Jungkook) "I miss you, Kook. How's the new place treating you?"

Jungkook trying to sound upbeat, "It's quite a change, but it's exciting. Exploring a new place is interesting. How's everything back home?"

"It's good. I miss having you around though. I hope you're taking care of yourself."

He smiled assuring her, "Don't worry about me; I'm getting used to it. I'll be fine. Just focus on your things there. We'll catch up again soon."

°°°

The soft hum of lively chatter filled the air as Jisoo settled onto a high stool, flanked by her friends Joshua and Hwasa. They found themselves at their usual spot, a dimly lit bar with a welcoming ambiance.

"Hey guys, I've got something exciting to share. I landed a digital designer job at my dream company!" Joshua and Hwasa's faces lit up. "Congrats, Jisoo!" Joshua congratulated her, and Hwasa gave her a hug, feeling proud of her achievements.

"So, when are you starting your new job?" he asked."I'll be leaving the day after tomorrow," Jisoo replied. Hwasa raised her glass. "To the best of Kim Jisoo," they cheered.

Joshua noticed a guitar on the stage of the bar and turned to Jisoo with a grin. "Jisoo, why don't you play a song?"

Jisoo laughed, shaking her head. "Oh, come on, guys. I'm not exactly the best performer."Hwasa nudged her playfully. "You're being modest, Jisoo. We've heard you sing before, and you're amazing!"

Joshua chimed in, "Yeah, give it a shot! We're here to enjoy the moment together."Jisoo glanced at the stage, feeling a mix of excitement and hesitation. Finally, she relented with a smile, nodding in agreement. "Alright, one song!"

She made her way to the stage, the familiar chords of a song she loved filled the room. With the guitar in hand, she closed her eyes, letting her voice blend with the melody.As Jisoo performed Taylor Swift's "Back To December" on stage, Joshua pulled out his phone, capturing her heartfelt rendition. "I'm going to send this to her lover," he said with a knowing smile, aiming to capture the essence of the moment to share it with Jungkook.

"Wheein and Nayeon are going to tease her for this," Hwasa added knowingly, anticipating their playful banter.

So this is me swallowin' my pride
Standin' in front of you sayin' I'm sorry for that night
And I go back to December all the time .. ” As she sang that part, a soft smile graced her lips, carrying an understanding of the song's emotions that mirrored her own experiences. With each word, she connected to the melody, finding solace in the song's familiarity, a reflection of her own sentiments.

°°°

The screen flickered to life as Jisoo clicked the 'accept call' button. Jungkook's familiar face filled the frame, a smirk already playing on his lips.

"Admit it, you miss me," Jungkook teased, his eyes gleaming mischievously through the screen.Jisoo rolled her eyes, trying to hide a smile. "No, I don't," she replied, pretending to be nonchalant.

"Really?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, feigning disbelief. "I think someone's singing 'Back to December' last time I checked. Missing me, huh?" he teased, referring to her recent performance at the bar. Jisoo was taken aback by his knowledge, suspecting Joshua's involvement. "Joshua, is it?" she questioned, slightly amused.

As the call neared its end, Jisoo got ready for bed while Jungkook prepared for the day. "I love you, Jisoo Swift," he playfully teased before ending the call."Take care, Jeon," she quipped back with a smile before the call ended.

💌💌💌