Truth and Consequences

Comincia dall'inizio

"It's a covert mission." Rex said. "A simple data extraction but a crucial one. I'll send over a flight plan to bypass imperial security, and coordinates to a safe landing zone."

"We're on our way." Echo said, and Rex's transmission ended.

Hunter turned to Aurora. "You're being uncharacteristically quiet." He commented. "Everything alright?"

Aurora nodded. "Yea," she whispered. "But are we sure we want to risk Coruscant? I mean it's just been so long since we've been back there."

"You're not scared are you?" Hunter raised an eyebrow.

Aurora let out a fake laugh. "As if." She turned away from him. "I don't get scared." She walked back towards the gunner's mount.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group entered the Coruscant system, Omega stood in between Tech and Hunter who were flying the ship. Aurora sat in the seat behind Hunter. She was biting the inside of her cheek. Trying to reassure herself that everything is going to be fine. Wrecker sat in the other chair across from her, he was drinking from a bowl.

"We are approaching Coruscant." Tech pointed out.

Hunter turned his chair a little. "Everyone, stay ready."

The Marauder flew through Coruscant and everyone kept their eyes peeled in front of them. Tech flew the Marauder down the shaft and to the Coordinates Rex gave them. Once on the platform the doors started to open. Everyone filed to the Marauder door. The boys, Aurora, and Omega descended from the ship. Rex exited the garage with a Pantoran with him. Aurora thought she recognized the woman.

"Glad you made it." Rex said to them. "This is Senator Riyo Chuchi."

Chuchi? Aurora thought. She thought she did recognize the Pantoran. The name does sound familiar.

"These are the special clones I told you about." Rex said.

Senator Chuchi looked at Aurora and tilted her head. "Do... Do I know you?" She asked.

Aurora casually shook. "I don't think so. I don't seem to know you."

"Hello." Omega butted in, saving Aurora from an awkward conversation.

"Thank you for coming." Senator Chuchi said.

Hunter nodded. "Why are we here captain?"

"Inside. There's something I want you to see." Rex stated and everyone turned, walking into the garage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The group stood around a table with a body bag on it. Rex slid open the face part and rested inside was a clone. "He's an assassin." Rex said. "His identifying number's been wiped."

"I was not aware that was possible." Tech said.

"Who was his target?" Hunter asked. Aurora snuck a  glance at Senator Chuchi, who in return also seemed to be sneaking a glance at her. The two of them quickly looked away from each other.

"A clone contact of mine named Slip." Rex said. "He said he was in danger. I came to Coruscant to get him out, but the assassin got to him first. Nearly got the senator too."

"I... I'm so sorry senator." Aurora said.

"Please call me Riyo." Senator Chuchi said.

"Why would a clone be targeting another clone or senator?" Echo questioned.

"To silence us." Riyo said. "Admiral Rampart has the entire senate believing Kamino was lost to a cataclysmic storm. Slip witnessed the truth. I wanted him to testify to Rampart's crimes."