Chapter 23- So Right

-Jessica’s P.O.V-

I couldn’t help but smile when I was with him. Everything was turning out perfect tonight even the part where he almost burnt the condo down. Even though I was having great time I was waiting for the part where we would bring up the past. I knew it was bound to happen sometime tonight. That is why he was meeting up with me...right?

We had ordered a pizza and now we sat outside on the balcony digging in to the cheesy mess.

“This is so much better than what I had planned.” Harry said with his mouth stuffed with pizza.

“It’s divine!” I giggled. His eyes wandered from my eyes to my finger.

“You’re wearing the ring I got you.” 

“Yeah I am.” I hadn’t worn it since we broke up because it reminded me of him. Jenna had hid it from me since she knew it wasn’t good for me. But when I agreed to go out with him I had begged Jenna to give it back. The atmosphere suddenly became serious. “Harry?” I asked.

“Oh don’t tell me something else is burning.” He pretended to be concerned. 

“Ha no,” I rolled my eyes. “Can we maybe talk about us?” I was tired of waiting for one of us to talk, and I knew the reason he wanted me here was to discuss it.

“Well,” He wiped his mouth and then he stared at me intensely with his deep green eyes. 

“Why am I here?”

“Because I miss you Jess.” He gave a weak smile. “A lot. You’re the reason why I’ve been getting better.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well I had a rough patch for a couple of months after we broke up.” I looked down at my plate of food not feeling so hungry anymore.

“Yeah I know.” I huffed. “Harry back on the prowl.” I quoted. 

“Yeah not a title I really want.” He let out a dark chuckle. “After we broke up I just became greedy and did what I could not to feel anything anymore. So I lived up to what I was supposed to be. I made a lot of bad decisions and I regret it completely.” He looked down at his plate and shook his head in disappointment. It was weird seeing Harry so down he was always so sure of himself. 

“So what really happened?” 

“I spent more time partying then doing what I loved. I let a lot of people down.” His head fell slightly in defeat. 

“What made you stop?” I looked into his deep green eyes that could make any girl get lost in them.

“A wake up from the guys,” He gave a small smile. “and you.” My heart was pounding against my chest. “Not a day went by that I didn’t think of you.” I just wanted to get up and kiss him but there were so many things holding me back.