Chapter 20- The New and Single Harry

-Jessica's P.O.V-

I had been studying for the last week non stop. Since I didn’t have a job at that research center anymore I had to work extra hard. I had asked Susan for my old job back, which sucked because I knew the entire time she wanted to say ‘I told you so’. I made sure I got closing shifts so I could avoid people questioning me, and bothering me about Harry. I was surprised that he wasn’t trying to call me or text me even though I kinda wish he was. But I was convincing myself that it’s a good thing and I had to move on. 

Jenna had been stopping by ever once in a while to check up on me and keep me company. Even Eleanor and Perrie were texting me and seeing if I wanted to hang out. However I wasn’t texting back as much since they reminded me of Harry and that just made me go nuts. I felt awful because I wanted to hang out with the girls badly, but this was just a step in the process.

I was surprised that I actually managed to break up with him. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing I guess. But I had to remind myself that it was for the best, and I would be glad I did it...one day hopefully. 

I was happy that I was keeping myself busy with my studies. The more I focused on my work the less I had to think about him. My exams were coming up and I had to do well or else I could say goodbye to a good job. 

Even though my mind was other places I knew there was one last thing I had to do. I had to see Luke. It wasn’t fair that I only confront Harry what Luke said wasn’t any better. However I really didn’t want to see him. Every time I was with him a bunch of memories came flooding back to me. I had to do it sooner or later so I told myself I would see him tonight at the pub he worked at. 

“Are you sure you want to do that?” Jenna asked me over the phone. I wanted to see what she had to say about me seeing Luke.

“Jen I have to. He deserves a proper goodbye. I feel like he thinks things can go back to normal when they can’t.”

“It’s your decision, but just be careful.” She said doubtfully.

I walked into the pub later that night with my hood pulled over my head snuggly. I took a seat at the bar and waited for Luke. I had texted him later that day telling him to meet me at the end of his shift. I felt bad because I think he thought I was here to get back together with him.

“Hey there!” I felt a hand wrap around my waist. I looked up and saw Luke take a seat beside me. 

“Hi Luke.” I gave a small smile. 

“I know it’s been a while, but I just wanted to say sorry about the other night at your place. I couldn’t stop myself I just can’t stand that guy.” He took a long sip of his beer. “That’s over right?”

“Uhm yeah it is.” Even  though Luke gave me a sympathetic look I could see the twinkle in his blue eyes. 

“So sorry about that, but think about it you have friends that are here for you.” He put his hand on my leg, but I quickly pulled away.