XVI - Camila's POV

I can't believe that Lauren can deceive me like that... all I do is to be true to her.. for what? To just make me her personal clown... I can't  believe that I fall for her crap!.. and to be honest and the worst part of these all is that! I fall for her.. as in fallen in love with her... I already got my heart broken before it got started! Oh my God!

I laid wide awake the whole night thinking and crying my eyes out... I can't afford to sleep.. I can't believe that she hasn't denied of accusing her in deceiving me.... I don't know what to believe anymore.... She hasn't contacted nor followed me.. I laughed sarcastically of course she wouldn't...

A day pass and turns into a week that turns into months.. I haven't heard from her.. I can't count the times that I tried contacting and even tries to go at her apartment.. I have my reasons though... I can't afford to put myself in those situation... I may look like a clown to her.. but, my intentions were genuine and honest.. I can't help but to worry, what if something bad happened to her? I may accept the fact that we're never going to be together friendship or relationship wise but to lose her forever is a whole different story I cannot afford of losing her... so I take it to myself that everytime I had the chance... I'll drove through her apartment just to get a glimpse of her... but that didn't happen though... everytime I'll pass through her apartment... she's nowhere to be seen and her apartment looks empty... missing her badly has put me in a bad mood instantly..

Therefore, every time I arrived at work I'm always down. But since I'm a therapist myself... I needed to be well put together.. I work with people of all ages and use music to help clients through emotional or mental problems.. My passion in music contributes in catering each and every clients that I have... sometimes I sang to them first for them to loosen up a little and if lucky enough.. i get them to open up a little... we listens to different kinds of music and creates something that we.. clients and I including myself to work on....

"Hey. Mila.. Good morning! I bought you your usual" my workmate greeted me waving lightly the paper cup containing coffee to show me.. I rolled my eyes at his antics "Hi, Austin.. You don't have to buy me coffee every time... you know" I said before grabbing the coffee and took a swig of the hot liquid.. I closed my eyes when the bitterness with a slight sweetness hit my tongue and the smell of the coffee helps soothe my aching heart... "but, thanks anyway!" I thank him before sauntering inside my office...

There's a knock on my door "hey, mila... your 2:30 is already here".. "Thanks, Sandra.. you can send her in" I said while preparing my desk... I look up exactly while ms. Steinfeld enter my office.. I smiled at her... "Hi, Ms. Steinfeld.. how are you?.. You can sit down where ever you want" She look at me weirdly... "What's with the formalities?" She asks while laying face flat on one of the couches... I just shook my head.. "By the way can you sit down... properly" I mock her while nudging her thighs to sit beside her... "I missed you!" She throws herself at me hugging me... "I don't miss you hailee" I rolled my eyes hugging her back... "tsss.. shut up! I know you miss me more than I miss you.. idiot" she replied... "So, what's up?" She continued.... "You know.. same old.. same old" I shrugged...

Hailee is one of my clients for almost 4 months now... that long.. I take it she just wants to spend time with me... It's funny how our 1st encounter  went.. she's the girl whose hot tempered.. she doesn't want to talk she just came and sit for our whole 30 minutes session every once in a month... her last group music therapy session with the different therapist didn't work for her... so, they transferred her to me for a one on one.... Atleast that  worked... look how comfortable she is... it's like my office is her 2nd home... I laughed at the thought!

She looked at me... "Why are you laughing.. you weirdo!"... "I just remembered your 1st day here.. that's all"... "ow yeah? Surely your laughing at yourself that time... you're so awkward" she replied laughing.. I punch her "No, I'm not.. It's probably because you're unresponsive to whatever I'm doing... it's like talking to the wall" we continued to banter.. she's one of my bestfriend now like Lauren.. we can count on each other... Lauren.. Lauren.. gosh! Here we go again!

"By the way.. I'm not here for another session with your lamest therapy thing... I just came to invite you personally as my plus one.. You know My Brother Griff and his girlfriend Nathalie is getting married this weekend in one of our summer beachfront Houses and you know I hated to be alone with them pretending too be a happy family... please... Cami?" She asks holding both of my hands and pouting... "I'll pick you up this Friday after your work... and we'll be staying there for the rest of the weekend..." she looked up at me... "what do you think? Consider this as your small vacation.. away from stress.. we'll be having so much fun.. I promise.... Just you and me..." she continued... "I don't know Hailzz.. Can I take a rain check?"... she groaned.. "Fine.. just update me asap... I'll love you for this..." then she hugged me goodbye...

——-
A/n
Oh no! Another love interest? Hmmm? 🤔

Sending lots of love! 🥰
-Nnnnn