VIII - Lauren's POV

Since then we're inseparable we did basically everything together except private matters of course, I cannot cross that line that can jeopardize our current friendship. I'm contented having her in my life and I'm very thankful for that. Although I got very jealous whenever someone asks her out. Not just that, she started to entertain and goes out with them. I hated when she do that! Not just she barely spends time with me anymore but also she keeps getting her heart broken every time that leads her knocking at my door at freaking 2am crying her eyes out. I hated that she keeps getting hurt but still keeps on dating those douchebags! I don't get her! Why not date me instead right?! I'm no different. The only difference with me is that I will treat her like a true princess and I will never ever hurt her on purpose.

(Back to reality..... NOT really) 😅

I laid on my stomach on her bed getting dizzy as I follow her with my eyes pacing back and forth getting ready. "Camz! We're going to be late!" I groaned standing up walking towards her. I hold both of her arms and look down directly in her eyes "Look, You're beautiful enough without even trying... besides You're not going on a date...Stop worrying ok? You're getting yourself worked up. You should be excited. We're finally graduating! Can you believe that?" I shook her smiling. She finally smiled at me as she inhaled closing her eyes and exhaled through her mouth. "You're right. You're always right! What can I do without you" She said "I know right? I'm awesome. Thank you for reminding me" I said flipping my hair. "Oh my god! We should work on your confidence" she replied rolling her eyes "Let's go!" She said kissing my cheek before grabbing my hand and intertwining them as she pulls me out of her house. Here we go again, heat spreads, butterflies swarming and sparks all too familiar for my liking. As they said, As time goes by, my feelings should be gone by now. But, not in my case. The so called feelings kept on increasing at a rapid pace wanting to be released.

I kept staring at her dreamily from time to time during our graduation ceremony. I'm just so proud of her, I'm so proud of us until the smile on my face dissipates as my heart aches. I closed my eyes and my hand quickly move to my chest where my heart is. Reality hits me full force. We'll be separated after this day. No more classes to go to, No more spending time making research assignments or in other words No more goofing around. My routine with her will be gone and will just be a memory. God knows what will happen in our own different world this time. Maybe I'll loose her for good and she'll settle down with her current boyfriend whom she's talking to right now. I'm not ready to lose her just yet not until I found the courage to confess to her. I didn't notice the tear escape down my cheeks until I felt a warm and soft hand wipe them.
"Hey.. are you ok?" Her angelic voice blessed my ears as she rubbed my right arm with her other hand that's not on my cheek. I slowly open my eyes and blinked away my tears as I remove her hand on my cheek. I stepped back a little. I took a deep breath I'm just in so much pain to look at her right now "I...I can't." I tried to speak but another fresh tear rolled down my cheeks. "Hey... It's okay." She says as she tried to grab both of my hands but I took another step back. "What's wrong, Lauren?" She asks concerned "You know you can always talk to me" she continued. I just shook my head. I know I needed to let this all out but how? I can't loose her as a friend and the most I feared about is to take another rejection. So I did what I'm good at which is running from my problem... I run from her never looking back. I can hear her shouting my name from a distance.

———
A/n
Thank you readers for giving this a try. 🤗

Pls. Recommend some camren fanfics for me to read. 😅

Sending lots of love 🥰
-Nnnnn