A Bastard

Jimin POV

I've been completely spaced out for the last 15 minutes, unable to focus on anything except what Taehyung just said. What if Uncle Minyun said that without realizing it? This is messing with my head, but I don't want to dwell on it too much because I know I'll uncover answers to questions I'm afraid of.

But first, I need to find Mom. She's at home, but why isn't she answering her phone? 'Yes, search the entire mansion, even the basement... alright?' The bodyguard nodded nervously, noticing me in a more intense mood than usual.

"Get the car ready, I'm coming too," I ordered, grabbing My coat and hurrying off to Mom. The car ride was quiet, and I couldn't stop wondering what might happen next. I really hope Jin hyung is okay. If Huan is behind this, I swear, I'll forget he's my stepdad.

"Sir, we're here," said the guard as I got out of my car and loosened my coat's button. The guards outside the house blocked my path. They know who I am and what I do for a living, but they still dared to stop me. Seriously?

"Move out of my way if you don't want your arms broken," I stared them down.

"Mr. Kim instructed us not to let anyone in, Mr. Kim Jimin, we're sorr—"

Before he could finish, I landed a strong slap on his face, and he stepped back from the force. Then, I grabbed his arm and twisted it, and you could hear bones cracking. The other guard backed away, scared to challenge someone from the mafia. I kept my promise. The guard ended up on the floor, writhing in pain from his broken arm. 

I walked into the mansion, calling for Mom, but there was only silence in response. I started to worry after searching the kitchen, balcony, and even the library. Finally, I decided to go to their room. The door was locked. I knocked repeatedly, but there was no response.

There was only one way.

I took a few steps back and threw myself against the door, creating a loud noise that echoed all around. On my third attempt, the door burst open with a loud bang.

As I entered, what I saw froze my blood and widened my eyes. I gasped as the room was filled with the smell of gas. I rushed to the bed and found Mom tied up tightly with ropes, unable to move an inch. She was unconscious. I lifted her in a bridal carry and ran out of there, taking her back to our mansion. I called a doctor and asked him to come over immediately.

In The Mansion (Author POV)

Taehyung, Yoongi, Jennie, and Jia arrived at the mansion, quickly gathering everything needed for Minyun's further treatment. Aware of the danger posed to Minyun and the girls, they decided to bring him there and hire someone to look after him. The doctor agreed, recognizing the severity of the situation.

In the living room, an eerie silence filled the air, unsettling everyone. No one dared to break the silence or ask unnecessary questions, fearing the weight of the truth. The girls sensed that this day would come, and they knew the guys would eventually seek forgiveness, but that thought provided no solace—only pain.

The main door burst open, revealing a tearful Jimin carrying their mother in a bridal style, bound by ropes. Shocked, everyone rushed to help. Jimin gently placed her on the couch, and they worked together to free her from the ropes.

Jisoo fetched water and sprinkled it on Min Young's face, causing her to open her eyes slowly. However, she recoiled as if fearing an imminent threat. Min Young's face bore signs of abuse—bruised and bleeding from the corner of her lips. Tears welled up in everyone's eyes, witnessing their mother in such a horrifying state.

"M-mom, it's us. M-mom, please don't be scared. It's me, Hobi," J-Hope stammered, his voice cracking with pain. "H-hobi? Hobi? Everyone! Why are you all here? Where is Jin? Where the heck is Jin? My baby... where is Jin?"

"Mom, calm down. Hyung will be alright. Please calm down. You're having a panic attack!" Jimin tried to reassure her, while everyone nodded, wiping away their tears. "You don't understand! Go look for him, save my baby, please! He will kill him!"

"What do you mean, Mom?" Yoongi asked, hoping for a different answer.

"What the heck, you still believe in him? You idiots! You still don't understand after all of this, huh? Why did you believe in him more than your wives? He took Jin! He took my baby away! He hit his head with an iron rod and took him away! He took everything away—my son, my husband, my family, my happiness! He took everything away! Save Jin, save Jin!" Min Young screamed, releasing years of pent-up anguish. The revelation left everyone in shock, slowly returning to reality as Min-young fainted on the couch.

"Mom!" Jimin cried out.