siberia

Next scene will take place in Siberia.

Tony, Bucky and Steve wince. Even though the first two talked it still doesn't mean that it's a happy experience and that they want to watch it. Everyone else is interested to finally find out what happened there since no one of the present there said anything.

Oh, and sorry in advance Tony.

Tony looked confused for a second then he remembered that he'll have to watch his parents' death for the second time.

[With his helmet and face plate reengaged Iron Man leads Steve and Bucky towards the enormous chamber with the capsules standing in it.]

Tony Stark: I got heat signatures.

Steve Rogers: How many?

Tony Stark: Uh, one.

[As they enter the vast chamber the lights come on. Hazy, yellow mist descends within the capsules. As well as Josef, each one contains an enhanced soldier from the 1991 experiment. Steve and the others look around, bewildered.]

"Oh, my God"

Helmut Zemo: [on speaker] If it's any comfort, they died in their sleep.

"It's not really comforting," whispered Pepper.

[All of the enhanced soldiers have been shot in the head. Bucky stares at Josef's corpse.] Did you really think I wanted more of you?

Bucky Barnes: What the hell?

Helmut Zemo: I'm grateful to them, though. They brought you here. [Zemo appears in a control room. Steve hurls his shield but it flies back.] Please, Captain. The Soviets built this chamber to withstand the launch blast of UR-100 rockets.

"Worth a try, though" muttered Steve.

Tony Stark: I'm betting I could beat that.

Helmut Zemo: Oh, I'm sure you could, Mr. Stark. Given time. But then you'd never know why you came.

Steve Rogers: You killed innocent people in Vienna just to bring us here? [Black Panther watches from the shadows. Steve looks at Zemo through a window.]

Helmut Zemo: I thought about nothing else for over a year. I studied you. I followed you. But now that you're standing here, I just realized . . . there's a bit of green in the blue of your eyes. How nice to find a flaw.

Steve Rogers: You're Sokovian. Is that what this is about?

Helmut Zemo: Sokovia was a failed state long before you blew it to hell. No. I'm here because I made a promise.

Wanda looked down at the mention of Sokovia.

Steve Rogers: [He studies Zemo.] You lost someone?

Helmut Zemo: [He looks grave, clicks his tongue.] I lost everyone.

Some feel slightly bad for him, he did lose his family.

- And so will you. [He plays surveillance footage from December 16th 1991. Steve steps over to the screen.] An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one which crumples from within? That's dead . . . forever.

Tony Stark: [He looks at the freeze frame of a secluded road and the date, December 16 1991. His eyes rove, anxiously.] I know that road. What is this?

"I don't want to watch this again" Tony looks down and shields the view with his hands. Pepper draws circles on his back to calm him down.

[The video plays. That car that the Winter Soldier forced off the road crashes into a tree. Tony watches intently as the Winter Soldier rides up and gets off his motorbike. Steve watches Tony's increasing unease. The driver lies on the ground beside the car. It's Tony's father, Howard.