CHAP 29 : DAYLIGHT

Y/n's hands held onto the door knob of her boyfriend's personal room. She looked more hesitant and nervous than excited as she knew how many painful secrets this room held for him. Hadn't it been for his father's request for them to stay back at night in the Jeon mansion itself,maybe she wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to enter his room in his parental home.

With shaky hands, she turned the knob around to enter the large room painted in white and blue that looked nothing like his room at his mansion. This room had light colours that let bask of sunlight in except they were all closed by blinds. A large wall decorated with his childhood pictures which showed the love and innocence of a child in his eyes. A large bed in the centre of the room laid on the carpeted floor and a study stable with cabinets above. The room looked as if it had been untouched for years, making her wonder if her assumption was true , where Jungkook stayed before he shifted to his grandfather's house.

A huge bookshelf sat in one corner of the room that contained a collection of bedtime stories, a few academic books from preschool and a few drawing books with art equipment.

She was unsure if touching Jungkook's childhood memories was a good idea or not, but she decided to do it anyway. She had accepted him with his past, so it didn't matter how dark or bad it was,she knew she would still like him the same way.

Opening the bookshelf, her eyes followed the sight of an iron man toy in the corner of the upper shelf making her chuckle. Reaching up for it, she held the toy, which looked a bit worn out with a few scratches and a worn off colour.

“Never knew you were such a Marvel boy when you were a baby, Mr Jeon.” She grinned already thinking of the ways in which she could tease him.

Looking at the shelf below it, she came across a few sketch books and photo albums. Gathering them, she sat herself down on the carpeted floor, devouring her time to take a look at how her boyfriend was before he was tainted by the dark shadow of violence.

When she opened the first page, a smile stretched on her lips reading the beautiful calligraphed sentence “Welcome to Jungkook's World.”

The next page held a painting of a tree. The leaves were light purple in shade and the branches of the tree assembled in the shape of a heart. A lavender carpet was painted near the bark of the tree with green bushes across. The sky was painted in hues of blue, orange and red depicting all the phases of a day in one single portrait. At the corner of the page, she noticed a smiley with initials JK. The portrait had so many colours that it was almost unimaginable to think that it was made by the same man who had no colour other than black, grey and white in his life now.

Her fingers danced on his name initials as she continued looking at the tree drawing he made at the age of four. “Talented as always.” She softly whispered to herself.

Flipping to the next page, she saw a scenery at the page. It wasn't as colourful as the previous one, but it looked peaceful. The sky was painted in light blue and clouds danced in its expanse. At the middle of the page a mountain full of green bushes was drawn showing the exact same reflection in water. Everything was so calm and peaceful in that picture that she could see nothing but just marvel at the sight of different shades of blue and green.

Then there was a painting of a sunset with lavender clouds in the golden sky reflecting its beauty in a silent water. It was like a real depiction of sunsets that she read in the books. Sunset had never been so beautiful as it was on his paper.

The next page held the drawing of five people. It didn't take long for her to realise that the picture was the depiction of his family from his point of view. The picture contained figures of a woman , a man, two guys and a cute toddler. A wave of melancholy passed through her when she viewed the picture carefully. There were five figures but only four of them were together. She read the names written below each figure. Jin, Sohee , Dad and Mom. While his name was written under the boyish figure that was separated by a distance from his family.