CHAP 20 : ONE STEP CLOSER

Her eyes widened witnessing his sudden possessive nature. His words weren't a problem, what scared her was the igniting fire within her body.

His eyes softened as he realised what he had done. His hand loosened his grip around her wrist.

"I am not going anywhere, Jungkook. You don't have to worry about it." Closing his eyes , he let out a breath , slowly caressing her cheek with the back of his hand.

" Did I scare you Y/n?" She shook her head , gripping his wrist . "You didn't scare me, don't worry". He pecked her cheeks a few times before pulling away.

"Let's just think that this conversation never happened, okay?" She nodded , closing her eyes. Maybe forgetting about it was the best thing.

All four of them departed for Korea the next morning. Sure Bangkok was going to be missed a lot. It had many bittersweet memories for Y/n..but she decided to keep only the happy ones with her.

"You seem sleepy." Sohee asked as they sat besides each other on the plane.

"Yeah.. I kinda didn't get enough sleep after meeting my cheater father yesterday."

Sohee hummed, hugging her . "I understand. I was so sad that I couldn't do anything for you."

"Don't worry.. Sohee. I am fine now."

Jungkook heard the conversation of the ladies , while focusing on the files in front of him. He wished he could just punch her father for causing so much pain to her or better yet bring him to the streets.

"I heard that Mr Williams is planning to retire and pass his company to his heir." Taehyung's sudden statement grabbed his attention.

"Heir? Isn't Kaya his only wife? As far as I remember , they don't have a child." Jungkook said with a frown on his head.

"Yeah she is , but there are some reports that state that she is having some medical complications while some say she's infertile due to which she can't get pregnant.. rumours are rumours and Mr William wants security for his company. Well it's still not clear if he has a daughter or a son , some say he has a child from his previous marriage while some say he might have adopted someone." Jungkook hummed trying to process the new set of information given to him. A smirk made its way to his face.

Serves right for the bitch .

"I feel bad for the heir of Mr William. Knowing how Kaya is,she isn't someone to take a back seat and see all the wealth go away. She will definitely do something to get all the money."

_____________________

Y/n moaned , a yawn escaping her lips as she rubbed her eyes , waking up from her deep slumber. Her eyes opened slowly trying to figure out the dark surroundings. Her heart thumped violently inside her chest but soon relaxed as she found herself in a familiar surrounding. Placing a hand on her chest , she relaxed a bit trying to slow down her racing beats. Pulling the covers off her body , she sat up , her bare feet touching the cold black tiles. The corner of her lips lifted up into a smile as she embraced the white fabric that belonged to Jungkook.

Slowly she made her way downstairs , taking a good look at the newly renovated hallway with beautiful intricate details of black and grey. The house was a mix of modern and contemporary art. Surely she had been here before but no matter how much she looked at the house, it always seemed to fascinate her. Her olfactory senses heightened as she inhaled in the aroma of freshly cooked Italian dishes.

She walked further into the living room only to meet a mesmerising sight. The entire living room was decorated with scented candles , a chandelier hanging right above the dining area. The essence of vanilla surrounding the entire room. Cold breeze flew inside through the large windows , flowing her hair in all directions. The illumination was light and dim yellow . The dining table was decorated with various types of cupcakes , a few types of chocolates , a few exotic dishes , and a big bottle of champagne resting inside the ice bucket.