CHAP 27 : HOLD ME

As they walked down supporting each other, all the figures present in the sorrowful event looked at them as they descended the stairs. Jungkook felt hollow watching his mother's corpse lying lifeless once again. His friends and Sohee watched him kneeling down infront of her with shaky breaths passing by his body.

" Mom." The feeling of the word felt too foreign to him , making his condition worse. With a shaky breath he continued " I always knew you loved Jin more than me. But I never thought that you would leave me alone to go to him.-" he stopped for a moment, gripping his fingers into a tight fist to prevent himself from crying more. He had to stay strong. For his father and sister. "- I know you didn't admire me much but I always loved you mom. I loved you and I will always love you. Don't ask for my forgiveness now. Maybe one day when my soul and my heart will be free from all the burden that I had caged inside me and will find its serenity , I would. But I just want to bid you happily. Goodbye, mom." His vision went glassed by his tears. But somehow he felt light weighted. As if he could finally breathe again.

The entire funeral went blurry. All he could remember was having his loved ones standing by his side to support him. His father , Sohee, his friends and.. Y/n. He couldn't imagine himself standing so firm if it hadn't been her by his side. While he sat at the end of the swimming pool thoughts about Y/n surfaced through his mind. He surely wanted to tell her everything..all that he felt. But he wasn't sure how.

"Jungkook." His sister's voice awakened him from his thoughts. Looking into her direction, her expression masked his . Eyes puffy , red nose and cheeks stained with tears. Gesturing her to sit beside him , he shifted a bit to make some space for her.

The siblings sat in silence for a moment before the younger one broke it.
"Will you ever be able to tell me what happened between you and mom?" Her voice croaked before breaking into a sob. Jungkook took a deep inhale. He knew he had to answer her questions one day. He was answerable to all of them.

"I will. When the time comes , I will answer all your questions. Everything you ask me about." Sohee pursed her lips , leaning in her brother's embrace as he stroked her hair.

" I-I am sorry Jungkook. I always had dad by my side to love me and take care of me. Even if I didn't have a mother , dad always filled in for her place. But you. You were always denied it. You were so young when you were sent to London. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been for you."

"It was. But not anymore. I have everything now. A business empire , family , friends-"

"And love?" Sohee asked referring to her best friend.

"I don't know what you are talking about, Sohee." She smiled at her brother's flustered form as he blushed due to Y/N's reference.

"You very well know what I am talking about, Jungkook. I am talking about Y/n. Do you still feel that emotions make you weak? They don't Jungkook. Love gives the power to fight the world. Love can battle with death and win over it. It makes you stronger and firmer. "

His sister's words played in his mind , but he wasn't sure of his feelings yet .

" I don't want her to fall in love with me Sohee."

"But what if she already has fallen in love with you , Jungkook? Would you leave her?" He thought for a few seconds trying to process her words. It was true that he never wanted to fall in love. But if he did ..he was unsure about the consequences.

"How are you so sure about that. She doesn't love me Sohee. She just likes me."  Sohee tried hard not to slap her intelligent brother who stood to blind to see the feelings.

"There's a difference between liking someone and loving someone, Jungkook. When you like a plant , you will pluck the flower and keep it for yourself ; but when you love it , you will water it everyday, and not only love it's petals but thorns too.. She has accepted you with all your flaws , all your scars , all your secrets. Are you sure she's not falling for you ?" Jungkook gulped at her words. He was no longer worried about his feelings. What mattered to him was not to hurt Y/n.