W2S- First Day

I walked into the wear house of my new job with a smile on my face exited for a change from my old one

I walked into the wear house of my new job with a smile on my face exited for a change from my old one. I immediately spotted a familiar face. "Kristi" I said walking up to her. She quickly turned around and smiled "y/n! How are you, ready for your first day?" she asked. "definitely." I replied.

She quickly introduced me to Kon who is the person in charge of most of the filming, a bit like a director and who is also her boyfriend. He quickly told me what I needed to do and I got to work, making sure the set was perfect and helping to set up all the lighting.

I was then introduced to Simon who is one of the seven sidemen, and had organised the shoot today. "Hi I'm Simon." he said with a friendly smile. "y/n. Nice to meet you." I replied. "So, are you enjoying your first day?" He asked. "Yea, This set is sick!" I said enthusiastically. Simon smiled lightly then looked behind me and waved. I turned around to see someone walking towards us. "Aight?" Simon said as he fist bumped the short ginger. "yea mate, you?" he replied "yea, good good."Then he turned to me "y/n right?" He asked. "yes nice to meet you..." "Ethan." he added. "Ethan." I said.

I met four other people from the sidemen and they were all lovely: Tobi, JJ, Vik and Josh. Everyone was ready to start filming but who I assumed was Harry (due to overhearing a conversation between Kon and Simon) was late.

Finally he walked in and all of the boys started teasing him and going on about a red card for being so late, but he protested that he was stuck in traffic.

Kon sent me on set to adjust one of the lights that was slightly off, and everyone got in their places ready to film. "a little to the left!" Kon said from across the room. "there?" I asked moving the light around. "Stop. Perfect." As I left the set I caught someone's eye, who I assumed was Harry since I have met everyone here, and I didn't recognise him. I smiled lightly at him and he did the same back, before I walked completely off set.

Filming went on for just over two hours. Since it's my first day I was basically following Kon around doing whatever he needed done. Once filming finished I helped Kristi put away some of the camera equipment.

I grabbed my bag and coat ready to leave for the day, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Harry "I didn't get too introduced myself earlier. Im Harry." he said putting out his hand. "y/n." I replied, shaking his hand. "Had a good first day?" He asked me. "Yes everyone is so nice here!" I said enthusiastically. He smiled and then said "I better be getting home. See you on the next shoot?" "Yep, See you there." I replied as we both walked away.

That night I was followed on instagram by Tobi (who id given my username to when we ran into each other as we were getting into our cars), JJ, Vik, Ethan, Josh, Simon and Harry. I followed them all back, and went to sleep.

Today marks a week working for the sidemen, and I did a little research one night to figure out what they were all about, since I was clueless when I first started.

Instead of a warehouse like my first day, they're shooting a side-cast (their podcast), which is located in a very tall building. From the email, I was told that James (who is one of the main camera men) would be "in charge" today. I also found out that only four of the sidemen do the podcast at a time and today would be: Simon, Tobi, Harry, and JJ.

When I arrived I walked into reception and signed in. Once I went up the lift and found the right room I walked in and quickly spotted James. We said hello, and he told me that I would be in charge of camera two today and that the boys would be here any minute. I sat down my bag and took off my coat.

Tobi was the 1st to arrive followed by Simon, JJ and then Harry. They all greeted me along with the rest of the crew, and we got straight into filming. It took about an hour and a half to film the entire side-cast and then afterwards as I was grabbing my bag and coat, I saw Harry walking towards me.

"Hey!" he said with a smile on his face. "Hi, do you need anything?" I asked. "no, I was just wondering if you maybe wanted to go and get lunch?" a smile spread across my face, and I replied "I would love to."

I was quite surprised that Harry had asked me to lunch, but I was very happy he had. I ended up going in his car and he drove to Nando's. He was the first to talk "I'm not sure if you like Nando's.." "oh no I love it it's my favourite!" I said enthusiastically. "thank God." he replied. After we finished our food, he asked me if I would like to come back to his place. I said yes, and he drove to his apartment.

As he unlocked the door he said "by the way, I have a roommate, just ignore him." he said in a slightly jokey tone. I laughed and said. "will do." Once he open the door, we both took off or shoes and he walked me through to the kitchen. "Your apartment is lovely." I said looking around.

After about an hour of sitting and talking on his couch who I assumed was his roommate, walked in. He looked at Harry and raised his eyebrows. Harry gave him a dirty look And then introduced us. "y/n this is Cal. Cal y/n." he said as we both stood up. I smiled and put my hand out to shake his, and he did just that. "Nice to meet you." he said wiggling his eyebrows "you too." I said back laughing.

"Sooo are you Harrys bird, yea?" He asked with a smirk. Harry punched him in the arm "ow!" Cal said quietly. "Uh no, no I'm not." I said with a slight giggle. "You should get on that then Bog." he said. My brows furrowed "Bog?" I thought. "Bog?" I said allowed. "Stupid nickname." Harry said.

Cal or Freezy as he told me to call him retreated back to his room after grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. Harry turned to me and said "I told you to ignore him." I laughed and said "he seems nice!"

I spent a few hours at Harry's place before I decided It was time to go home. we exchanged numbers before I left, and I said "thank you for lunch. I had a great time." he smiled and said "me too, see you at the shoot on Thursday?" "See you there."

Harry's pov:
As soon as the door closed I heard Freezys open, I turned to see him stood with a smirk on his face. "she's nice." He said and laughed. "Yep." I said. I really did like her, she's funny, kind, she smells amazing and she is so fucking beautiful.

Shit I really like her...

Words: 1.2k+

Authors note:
My first ever one shot on here!❤️