-COLE-

"I'm worried for him" Cole mumbled as he took a bite of his food a few minutes after Kai left, his plate still full.
"Me too." Jay raised an eyebrow as he got up to wash his plate. Cole was a pretty fast but today, after Kai being distant, Cole wasn't as enthusiastic.
"Is something bothering him?" Zane asked. We all shook our heads.
Then Lloyd stood up,
"I'll go check. Cole, can you wash my plate for today"
The earth elemental nodded as Lloyd walked outside.
"Maybe it's the weather? Kai gets pretty pissed off if it's cold"
Jay paused as Sensei glared at him. Jay could get pretty reckless with his words when it comes to swearing. He rarely did so in front of sensei Wu but I guess he was too fixed on Kai to remember.
"Sorry" he mumbled and focused on washing his plate thoroughly.

After a few minutes in Sensi also got up, "Zane, please take care of my plate"
"Yes sensei" Zane got up as well.
Cole was still seated, trying to find out Kai had been so worn out for the past few months.

"Guys, uhm..." Cole began as he thought of the right words to say next.
Sensei and the other two his teammates paused their work and faced Cole. Cole looked out, he couldn't see Kai, good.
"What's wrong?" Jay walked up to the other boy, his hand patted the other's shoulder.
Cole but his cheek, his gaze now on Sensei, who seemed curious as the rest of his friends.
Cole took a deep breath and muttered,

"I think... Kai has an eating disorder"

Silence.

Cole shifted nervously as he finally got up and got his plate to the sink.
"What makes you think that Cole?" Sensei asked, standing in the doorway.
Cole looked in the direction out and faintly heard Kai's laugh, but he was sure it was different from a few months back, more full and.... true....

"I'm sure you guys had noticed that he barely touches his food in every meal. Kai also gets faintish while we are training, he also threw up awhile back at the bank robbery call-"
Cole listed all his concerns, the others listened, Jay and Zane's eyes widening, but master Wu expression remained the same.

"I... I'm just genuinely worried about him. He should be relieving his stress"
"Why did he get stressed the first point?" Jay pointed out. Zane rubbed his chin,
"He has been pushing himself a quite a lot recently, I suspect something his bothering him as of now"
"I see."
The three turned to sensei, he held his staff, his eyes far away.

"Kai needs help... Somehow" Cole persisted. The others nodded. Sensei also agreed with a slow nod and stroked his beard in thought.
"Maybe going to Ninja city might give him some solace"
Has said, more like a fact than a question. His students nodded in agreement.

"On that note...maybe we should keep Lloyd in the dark for now"
"Yeah. The little guy seemed to have an interest of his own and I'd hate to ruin his good moments"
"Alright then, let's go to Ninjago city at Twilight, maybe the sunset will lighten Kai up and we can talk to him"
Sensei nodded at Cole's suggestion.

Just on queue, Kai walked in, with Lloyd right behind him. He had a hand on his pocket. He brunette eyed his untouched plate, no one had cleared it. Kai's eyes looked away and he walked back in the direction of his own room, not given the others a second glance.

Kai?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Written: 04/12/2023
Words: 613

Stopped here for a quick POV change. Trigger warning ig 👀
Some cool scenes coming up!!