~ 9. 01 ~

I couldn't go to the funeral of Jae-heon

I couldn't go to the funeral of Jae-heon. I couldn't go and look at everybody knowing I could have saved him. Ji-su was right I needed to go, but Jae-heon made me stay with her.

I should have just run after him the moment he was gone.

More tears run down my cheek when I think of Ji-su. She must be broken now. There was finally someone who she liked and he died.

There is no doubt in my mind that she is angry at me. I would be too. That's also why I didn't go I can't face her right now.

Maybe in the future but for now I just want to lay here in my closet away from her and everything else.

Why do people keep on dying? Even when you think that we are safe here, someone dies.

A sob escaped my mouth, but it was not like someone could hear me here in the back.

Besides everyone is probably still at the funeral. I don't even know if they want me there. Nobody had said a word to me this whole time.

Maybe they are also mad at me.

I mean I deserve it. Eun-hyuk asked me to stay here to protect them and I let someone die. Another loud sob escaped my lips.

I wouldn't blame them if they would throw me out because of that. I had one job and I screwed it up.

I was so caught up in crying that I didn't notice someone coming into the closet.

Honestly, I had only noticed that someone was with me when they spoke up from behind me.

"Not you too. I just came back from Ji-su. You both are messes."

I wasn't in the mood for Eun-yu bitching now.

"Go away if you don't like it then." I sobbed.

She let out a sigh before I fell her lay down behind me.

My mind wasn't paying attention to her this whole time she was just lying there. I don't know what she was even doing here. Was she just going to lay there and look at me cry because she knew it was my fault that Jae-heon died? Is she enjoying seeing me miserable?

After a few minutes of her just lying there, I could feel her move before her arm wrapped around me.

More tears ran down my cheek before more sobs left my mouth.

"He's dead because of me!"

I sobbed closing my eyes tightly.

"No, he chose to go. Ji-su told me that he wanted you to stay."

I shook my head inhaling painfully.

"I....I should have protested! Maybe if I had been sooner I could have helped him!"

My body shook from another sob leaving my lips.

"It's my fault. It's my fault." I mutter between sobs.