~ 8. 02 ~

A groan escaped my lips when I felt the stiffness of my body when I tried to move something

Slowly I open my eyes squinting a little against the little light that was in the room.

Turning my head I saw Hyun-su leaning against some boxes next to me. When he saw that I was awake he moved closer with worried eyes.

"You're back," I muttered out with a small smile.

"Yeah. I promise I would." He whispers out.

When I took a better look at him I saw how tired he was.

There was still some blood and dirt on his face from whatever happened outside. I wanted to ask him about it, but I could see the tiredness in his eyes.

Did he stay awake all this time to make sure I was okay?

"Is everyone okay?" I asked trying to sit back up, but quickly stopped when I felt my stomach flip.

He nodded his head.

"That's great. I'm happy you're back safely." A small smile came on his face.

"Yeah," He breathed out.

I had no idea where we were, but it was just use two. I didn't mind it, my brain was pounding against my skill and the littlest of noise sounded like nails scratching against a chalkboard.

It seems like my body still wasn't fully recovered from helping Ji-su. Even when I swallowed I could taste metal in my mouth.

I haven't even seen myself, I must look like I was in a bloodbath.

"Is it okay if I sleep some more?" I mutter out looking back at him.

The whole time he had just looked at me with worry in his eyes. I don't know why, because I was fine.

A soft laugh escaped his lips while nodding his head.

"Yeah, sure."

I nodded my head before turning onto my side to face him.

"Why don't you take a rest as well? You look exhausted." I suggested.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

I wanted to argue back, but I was too tired and my eyes were already halved close by the time he stopped talking.

A stinging pain ran through my hand making me wake up with a jump.

"Yi-kyung unnie?" I asked confused seeing my hand in hers with in her other hand a knife.

When did she come back? Hyun-su grabbed my wrist trying to get it out of her hold.

"What are you doing?!"

Is she turning crazy?

She grabbed Hyun-su's and my wrist tugging it towards her.

The three of us watch as the cuts heal themselves leaving not even a scar behind.

"What was the first symptoms?" I looked up from our hands to her.

"A nosebleed? Passing out?" Hyun-su ripped his hand away from her, but I just looked at her confusingly at why she was asking this.

"When was it exactly?"

"What?" I hear Hyun-su ask just as confused as me. She looked so desperate and hopeless trying to figure us out.

"Try to remember." She pushes on.

"You must remember because it's the day you became a monster." Why was she doing all of this?

I could feel her hand tremble while she was still holding my wrist.

"I hear it talks to you." How does she know all of this? Is she turning as well? Is she trying to figure this out because she wants to fight it as well?

"Did it speak to you?"

"Stop," I mutter out, trying to pull my wrist away.

"You, did Sang-won say anything to you that day in the elevator? You had a nosebleed when we were in it. He was acting all strangely afterward? Did he say something?"

I did have a nosebleed, but he just helped me by offering me a tissue. I remember hearing him mutter to himself about a curse, but I wasn't paying attention to it seeing I was bleeding a lot.

"Yes, it spoke," Hyun-su spoke up.

Yi-kyung harsh gaze on me went to Hyun-su.

"Have you ever completely escaped from it?" Hyun-su stayed silent which gave her the answer she needed.

"You have, right? How?" I could see the tears starting the form in her eyes.

"Tell me!" She screamed grabbing Hyun-su's sweater almost pushing me to the ground.

The normal cool and collected Yi-kyung that I normally knew was completely gone.

"Stop it!" I grabbed her wrist trying to pull her off of him.

I don't want to hurt her, but if she wanted to hurt Hyun-su I will have no choice. She was breathing hard looking from me to Hyun-su.

It just surprised and shocked me how she was right now! In the few months I have lived here I have never seen her like this.

When everything here happened she was so calm and normal about everything. Something must have happened when she left.

"I just wanted to live," Hyun-su spoke up.

Yi-kyung let out a little sigh before letting go of Hyun-su. I watch as she moves away before sitting down against the wall in front of us.

She put her head in her hands letting out a deep breath.

"Unnie, what happened? Why are you doing this?" I asked kneeling in front of her hoping she would give us some answers.

"There were more people who tried to resist monsterization. The government carried out experiments on them to find a way to stop this disaster." She explained without looking up at us.

So we aren't the only ones like this.

"Were the experiments successful?" I could hear the hopefulness in Hyun-su's voice, but seeing how Yi-kyung was reacting to all of this made me think of the worst.

"You should be asking me what happened to the people who were used in the experiment." I bite my lip looking down at my lap.

They are desperate to solve this. I don't think they care about some lives that can be lost.

"I ran into soldiers. They caught me to be exact. I told them about you." I looked back up at her when those words left her mouth.

What?

"Why would you do that?" I asked trying to understand why she would throw Hyun-su underneath the bus.

"I can only imagine what they would do to people like us. They would be too desperate to care about anything, but a cure. Even if it means hurting or torturing innocent people."

A part of me was angry at her but when I looked at her I could see the sorrow in her eyes. She needed to have a valid reason to do something like that.

"I.....wanted to live too."