~ 3. 03 ~

My eyes went to the door while I bit my lip

My eyes went to the door while I bit my lip. I'm happy that everyone is okay and alive. To be honest I was shocked to see Miss Im and Hyun-su awake and looking normal.

It's like they weren't attacked and almost punched to death by a monster a few hours ago.

A knock at the door brought me back out of my thoughts.

"Mi-na. Can I come in?" To my surprise, it was Miss Im's voice.

I cleared my throat before telling her she could come in. A soft smile was placed on her face when she came inside.

"How are you feeling?" She asked with a gentle voice.

"I think I'm alright. Just the wound on my side hurts and is still bleeding." I explained.

She nodded her head before kneeling in front of me.

"I'm glad you're okay and awake. We were all worried about you."

I was worried about everybody else but me.

I let out a deep breath.

"Is everyone okay? The kids..."

She quickly cut me off putting her hand on my leg before speaking up.

"They are fine, they are a little shaken up, but they are fine thanks to you." I was happy that they were okay.

It was our goal to get them here safely, it was a whole struggle, but they're safe and well here.

"Why won't you come with me to the others, we had just begun to eat. I'm sure you must be hungry." I haven't eaten anything since I left my apartment to go to Ji-su.

It's a wonder I haven't passed out yet.

My eyes looked at the door while I bit my lip deciding if I wanted to go out there and face them or just stay here for who knows how long.

Miss Im gave my leg a little squeeze which made me look at her.

"Nobody is judging you on how you woke up. In situations like this, everybody gets nightmares."

Yeah, but I have been having them for months now. I swallow hard nodding my head.

"O....okay. I'll come."

A big smile came on her face before she stood up.

She offered me her hand to help me to stand up which I gladly took.

All eyes were on us when we walked out of the bathroom. There was an awkward silence before Ji-su spoke up.

"Mi-na, you can sit here." She patted the place between her and Hyun-su.

I gave her a small smile before walking over to her.

"Are you okay?" She whispers to me.

"I'm fine. It was just a bad dream." I whisper back nodding my head.

She smiles back at me patting my leg.

"Let's eat." Mister Han said seeing that all of us were together now.

In silence, we began to eat. Too hungry or too tired to say much and not to forget, most of us are just strangers to each other. I think I'm the only one who knew them before everything happened.

"Kids, what are your names?" Mister Han said breaking the silence.

We all look at the kids waiting to hear them, well I already know them, but the others do not.

"I'm Kim Yeong-su." He said looking at Mister Han.

Su-yeong looked at her food for a second before speaking up.

"I'm Su-yeong."

I feel really bad for the kids. First their mom and now their dad. Not to mention this whole mess that has been going on with the world. I wish I could just take them away from here so that they don't have to see the horrible things that were happening.

Mister Han said something about their names and showed they were similar to each other.

"Dad named us," Su-yeong said looking down.

A frown came on my brows when I saw a sad look washing over their faces.

Would I react the same if I still remember my family? I have never known them so I don't know how it feels to lose someone.

The only person that was ever close to that I could consider family was Miles. I can still remember how his eyes filled with tears when I left that night.

I wish I could have taken him with me, but it would have been more difficult to escape with a kid. I was eighteen and could leave on my own, but he couldn't. They would have been able to find us quickly and who knows what they would have done to us.

I snapped out of my thoughts when a can of beer appeared in front of my face. Ji-su quickly took it chucking it down. Ji-su knows how to drink. I have seen her do it a couple of times, luckily she knows her limits and doesn't go over them.

"Here, you can have one too." Mister Han offered Hyun-su.

"Oh, I'm.." He began.

"Oh, right. You're a minor. Right, there are kids here. So let's not break the law. I'll buy you a drink when you become an adult. Just like I have promised Mi-na. You two are probably around the same age." Slowly I nodded my head remembering him promising me.

I didn't mention to him that it wouldn't be my first drink though. I had probably my first drink when I was sixteen. You know going to a party and there are drinks there that shouldn't be at a minor's party.

"Do you think..."

Hyun-su started.

"That day will come?"

I was about to put food in my mouth but stopped when he said it. Slowly I put my spoon down not really in the mood anymore for it. I looked around and saw that everyone had the same reaction as me.

Who knows what will happen?

Are we all going to survive or are we all going to die or turn into one of those monsters? The only one that may change into a monster is Hyun-su, but who says he will? If he really was going to be a monster shouldn't he be turned by now?

Then there is another thing. He had the same symptoms I have had for a week now. Does that mean I'm going to turn as well? The only thing we don't have in common is the healing part. He looks totally fine for someone who has been crushed and punched by a big ass monster just a few hours ago.

I'm still bleeding from my side and my head also hurt from when I was thrown into the wall. Maybe I'm not the same as him and my stuff is just a stress or medical-related thing. I guess we just have to wait until one of us truly turns.