~ 8. 03 ~

I hugged my knees closer to my chest trying to get more warmth

I hugged my knees closer to my chest trying to get more warmth. This place is getting colder by the day. Then again I'm here in a dress and shirt with holes in them.

It's really time to get new clothes. Every time I think about it something happens. I can ask someone for something when everything has calmed down a bit.

Just an hour ago Miss An had told everyone that she was infected. Nobody had noticed anything until she said something.

She locked herself in the backroom even though everyone said she didn't need to. I guess she felt bad that they had locked Hyun-su in it because she said sorry to him about everything.

I couldn't take seeing the pain in both their eyes so I came here. It was just some empty closet in a hallway away from everyone.

It was in the same place I last was before everything happened to Ji-su. But now I was in the closet. I don't know why, but I felt safe here.

Maybe it was because I used to hide in closets like this in the orphanage and was safe from everyone.

I wonder if everyone is dead there. I'm not sorry for Miss Ward, Drew, or those other teenagers. They deserved it after everything they had done, but those kids, Miles.

I hope they are okay.

Something inside of me is telling me that they are dead. Maybe that's better. They don't need to suffer in this then.

"There you are."

I looked up from my knees when I heard Hyun-su.

I hadn't closed the door so he could easily see me. He crouches down in front of me studying my face.

"Are you okay?"

Out of instinct, I wanted to say that everything was fine and that nothing was wrong, but for the first time I felt like I could just say no.

I shook my head.

"No," I croak out before wiping my nose.

"I haven't been okay in a while. In fact, I haven't been okay my whole life." I didn't want to dump this on him, but it felt right to say this to him.

Without saying anything Hyun-su climbed inside the closet with me before closing the door. It was dark inside, but he turned on his phone giving us some more light.

"I'm sorry you're feeling like this." I nodded before leaning my head against the wall.

"I don't want to burden you with this. I know you had a rough past as well." I mutter out looking at the closet door in front of me.

"Me standing on that edge really gave it away huh?" I let out a little laugh before looking back at him.

"Yeah, but that wasn't the only reason I knew." A confused look came to his face.