~ 7. 05 ~

I let out a deep sigh while biting my nails

I let out a deep sigh while biting my nails. Is it really a good idea to go outside now? I know that we need food and water, but who knows what's out there?

We may not be able to see them on the street now, but what if they all come out when they see humans? They want to send Hyun-su and Sang-wook outside, but what if they don't come back?

I offered to go with them, but Eun-hyuk said that at least Hyun-su or I had to stay in case something happened.

I argued with them that Hyun-su could stay and I could go, but Hyun-su didn't let me take his place. I wish that he wasn't so stubborn!

A hand grabbed mine pulling my fingers gently out of my mouth. I hadn't noticed it, but I was drawing blood from biting on my fingers too hard. I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't even taste it.

Looking up from my bloody fingers I saw Hyun-su with a concerned look on his face.

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head pulling my hand out his touch.

"Nothing just thinking."

The concerned look didn't go away, so I just turned my head so that I didn't have to look at his eyes. After a few seconds of silence, Hyun-su spoke up again.

"Did I do something wrong?" I let out a laugh shaking my head.

"No Hyun-su, you did nothing wrong. That's just the problem." Looking back at him I saw that he was confused.

"You just say yes to going outside! Do you know what can happen out there!" I didn't want to yell so that the others would hear us, but my voice was louder than before.

"We need to go outside for food. If we don't nobody will survive. You heard what Eun-hyuk said only the people who are likely to survive need to go."

"I could go too! Why do you need to bring yourself in danger when I could do it too? You could stay here and be safe!"

Hyun-su shook his head.

"No, you need to stay here. If something happens to me you need to be here to protect them."

I let out a scoff.

"You can protect them too if something happens to me." Again he shook his head before lowering his head to look at his shoes.

"No, if I die they won't be sad. If you die a lot of people would be. You mean too much for them. Nobody cares enough for me that they would mourn if I died. Nobody cares about me." His sentence ended in a whisper, but I heard it loud and clear.

"You're wrong," I spoke up after some time.

"The kids will cry if they hear something happen to you, Ji-su and Jae-heon would blame themselves if you get hurt, and Mister Han would be hurt hearing you sacrifice yourself for us. Hell, even Eun-yu would be sad if something happened to you!"