~ 6. 02 ~

I lean my head against the wall letting out a sigh

I lean my head against the wall letting out a sigh. I need to be alone, after what Ji-su told me earlier today.

I hadn't seen Miss Im yesterday evening. The kids and Mister Han were okay and here, but she wasn't. I wanted to ask Ji-su or Jae-heon about it, but they were both already asleep when I came back from guarding the door.

In fact, everyone was already asleep except Eun-hyuk, Jae-hwan who had to go take over guard duty from me, and Sang-Wook.

I think.

I hadn't seen them sleeping with the others, but he didn't seem the type to sleep among them. My best guess is that he's somewhere on the first floor sleeping.

I didn't want to sleep now. I was tired of everything that had happened, but I was scared I would have a nightmare again.

So I just sat in the hallway all night. I finally found Ji-su the next morning. Her face changed when I mentioned Miss Im and asked where she was.

She was hesitant to tell me, but eventually, she did. She had turned. When we went downstairs she had turned in the bathroom. Ji-su told me that she didn't hurt anyone and that she was actually harmless to others.

I could feel myself choking up while my eyes began to burn from the tears that wanted to come out. I wanted to know more.

I wanted to know what happened and if she wasn't in pain, but looking at Ji-su I could tell that she didn't know much as well.

The only ones I could ask were Mister Han, Hyun-su, or the kids. I didn't want to ask the kids. I don't even think they let them see her.

Mister Han was busy making sure every entrance was secure and safe, so I didn't have to change to ask him. The only one who was left was Hyun-su, but he had left this morning to go upstairs.

Just like me, it seemed like he didn't sleep well or at all. I wanted to yell at Eun-hyuk to give him a break, but that would change nothing, so I just gave him a death glare when he looked at me.

I began to even get more angry when I found out that the residents gave him more work. They had given him a list of things that he had to bring with him when he came downstairs.

So not only is he risking his life for supplies so that we could survive, but now he's also risking his life for stupid shit.

After watching the door close behind Hyun-su I needed a break from everyone or it wouldn't end well for any of us.

"So this is the place you have been hiding."

I looked up and saw Eun-yu standing in the closet doorway.

I shrug my shoulders before speaking up.

"It's better for everyone if I sleep here. I don't want to annoy anyone by waking them up if I have a nightmare."