-PROLOGUE-

Kai's first clear memory to this was when he was taken in my master Wu.
He was about two years of age when he woke up on the monastery doorsteps, Kai really didn't remember anything or anyone before.
Master Wu was a young man then when he took in Kai and raised him as his own and Wu, despite his own name, named the child Kai, after the ancient phase 'Kaizhen' which means, philosophy of continuous improvement; becoming one percent everyday.
If course, he also had a nephew, Lloyd.
He and Kai grew up together and there on out, loved.

Ever since the two boys managed to walk, Wu had taken it apon himself to make the latter into formidable warriors to protect Ninjago.
Wu appointed himself Kai and Lloyd's sensei and indulged in martial arts and meditation to develop them spiritually.

When Lloyd was eight and Kai was just passing ten years, Lloyd found out that he was the profercised green saviour.
Wu and Kai were happy for him but deep down Kai felt that he deserved all that power, he the elder and his better judgement,
Kai always thought Lloyd of his younger brother, the runt.
As Lloyd trained with his powers and learned the special art of spinjitzu from sensi Wu, which can only be taught if you possessed elemental abilities.

Kai was feeling left out as Lloyd practiced alone, by himself on the training course, perfecting his spinjitzu and green powers.
Kai knew Lloyd, despite his age, that he was carrying a huge burden so he tried his best to be supportive to his only friend and the only person even close to being his sibling.

At age twelve, Kai also found out his hidden abilities: Fire powers.
Wu was also startled about Kai being connected to some previous master of fire but nevertheless, he helped him get used to the change and taught him the art of spinjitzu as well.

Now, finally Kai felt that he has a propose to life. He wasn't ordinary, he wasn't some lone dandelion in a field of thousands.
Kai was now a Fire Cobrai in a field of small dandelions.

So, now both the two chased their destines together. Lloyd and Kai

Time passed and and Wu found out that it was not only his sons with the gift of the elements. So he made it a mission to recruit the other masters to make a team of ninja.
Kai was seventeen and Lloyd was turning fifteen the day Wu assigned them of bringing back their soon-to-be teammates and life-long pals.

Cole, Jay and Zane were soon training under Sensei Wu, as his accomplished students and professional ninjas, ready to take on Ninjago.

Many years had passed since then. This story takes place as the conclusion of the late Winter, as a few year began and spring filled the air around the monastery.
Kai is twenty-one as of now and very serious about his job.

But he faces a mysterious and charming stranger one twilight and his story is bound to change course,

For the better or for the worse

-----------------------------------------------------------

Written: 04/12/2023
Words: 666

Hi there!! Back with another story OwO
Trying a newer writing style for this one so please excuse a few mistakes here and there ^^'

For context:
Fire Cobrai is an exotic flower. It's very rare and only blooms on a red moon, which occurs very 200 moons. It is also known for resisting extreme climates a d circumstances, that is why Kai thought of him as a Fire Cobrai 🔥

The ninjas ages,
🔥 Kai: 21
💚 Lloyd: 19
⚡ Jay: 20
🖤Cole: 23
❄️Zane: 23

New character ages will go on as I introduce them in future chapters!
This story basically follows Kai's point of view but occasionally the others POVs also appear :)

I hope everyone can enjoy this book.
And feel free to give me feedback, if helps quite a lot :3

References for Kai and Nya,

If anyone is interested in any other of the ninja's appearance in this AU, let me know and I can also draw a few doodles for a quick idea 😉